1,457 results
All reviewssea frontwest piera sea view roomone night staytown centretea and coffeebandstandseafront
Reviewed 21 May 2016

Room a little tired but very functional , everything you needed. Bedding clean. Room clean. Take your own milk if you don't like the condensed stuff. Although staff did provide me with some. Opposite the Band Stand on Seafront. Near the town.
Big draw back, NO Disabled Assistance..
It was expensive £165 for a single room on first floor,but you are in a hotel on the seafront in May, but they could have included breakfast for that price to be honest.

Room Tip: I had a single room on the first floor east side.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2016

Thank you Viv for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that your stay with us was a pleasant one. I am sorry to find that you found no disabled assistance. Every member of our team here is happy to help in any way required should assistance be requested, if this was not so I will look into why this was. Our pricing is competitive with the rest of Brighton and can include breakfast should this be booked. Room only is available to be booked if wanted by our guests at a lower price.

Should you wish to visit Brighton again in the future please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to make your reservation.

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Had a sea view room on the 1st floor, which when sunny provided a great view. The room itself was fairly large. The bathroom was a little bit tight but everything looked recent.

The location is good, as it's just far enough out of the centre to be quiet, whilst still being a very easy walk

Staff were very friendly and helpful

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that your stay with us here at The Brighton Hotel was a pleasant one. As a team we do our best to ensure that every stay with us is one worth repeating, as I am pleased to see that yours was.

Should you be visiting Brighton again please be in touch on 01273 820555 and we would be happy to make your reservation.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel was expensive for what you get we paid £140 and that wasn't including breakfast .The room had quite a lot of damp patches windows were filthy no toilet brush in the loo . Cushions on the bed cut my arm as the Zips had a very sharp edges I called the manager up to show him the blood on the sheets from the cut and he said sorry but he will sellotape them down which was a poor response my arm has just healed two weeks later wouldn't recommend to stay here

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
BTNHotel, Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2016

Thank you Alison for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to see that your visit with us here at The Brighton Hotel was not to the standard that we aim to provide for every stay with us. I am shocked to read about your arm and have begun an investigation with our management team in regards to this incident.

Again I extend my apologies to you.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Great location and the hotel is missing an opportunity to be great. In need of repair as it is a bit rundown. Repairs have been carried out but the finish is poor so is very noticeable. Staff are very pleasant and Jaun did make us very welcome.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am pleased to see that the team here were able to make a good impression for you during your stay and I will pass your comment on to Juan whom I am sure will be happy to hear it. We are currently in the process of continuing to renovate the hotel rooms so that the issue that you found can be addressed and fixed.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights as part of a hen weekend. The reception is very inviting and staff friendly. But as soon as you assend the stairs it all get rather tatty and the higher up the building you go the tattier it gets! We were on the 3rd floor and had a heavy suitcase. The corridors are hard to navigate and there are lots of small stair ways that are narrow, the one lift if very tiny (2 people max) but as none of the floors are level the lift only gets you half way to your room then you have to nagotiate all the stairs. I understand that this is an old building and it gives it character but it would have been so nice of an offer of help with the suitcase from a member of staff instead we had to really struggle.

The room itself was nothing special a tiny bathroom with shower but no bath. The shower was next to useless no power at all just a dribble and it seems to have only 2 temperature settings, boiling or freezzing!

But... the bed was very comfortable the room clean and everything worked.

Breakfast was very nice and again waiting staff very friendly but on the hottest weekend of the year so far the hotel heating was on full blast and the staff told us that it would only be turned off by a maintainence man and he didn't work weekends! Luckily it didn't effect us too much but lots of people were complaining about the heat in their rooms. Why someone couldn't have come in just to turn it off is beyond me. The only other complaint was that the bar was crawling with ants, probably because of the heat but it wasn't nice.

This sounds like a very negative review but other people in our party had rooms on the 2nd floor that were really lovely. Location is great, the staff were nice and the breakfast great. Just needs a bit of maintainence to bring it up to scratch.

Room Tip: Try to get a front facing room and be causious about rooms above the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review of our hotel.

I am sorry to see that your stay with us was not to the standard we hope every guest who stays with us experiences. We are currently looking to undergo a programme of renovations throughout the hotel so that the points you had brought up can be addressed. I also apolagise that for your struggle with your bags. The team at the hotel are always happy to help should it be requested. I will be looking into the heating, with this being something assessed each day on if it is needed.

Should you be visiting Brighton again please be in touch on 01273 820555 or info@thebrightonhotel.com and we would be happy to make your reservation.

Kind regards