1,586 results
All reviews roll top bath hdv brighton monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar eggs benedict room rate following morning lovely room
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Brighton Hotel du Vin aware that the chain can have variable standards, but it was a late booking and one of the few hotels not full. Overall it's not a bad hotel. On the plus side the breakfast the hotel provided was very good; on the minus side the room was not as clean as one would wish, particularly the shower. I wss hoibg to maje the observation on check out but, on reflection, realised the managers wouldn't care, if they did they would inspect their rooms more thoroughly anyway. Shower mastic needs to be redone, the windows were filthy.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Poppysdad,

Thank you for your feedback, I am happy to hear you enjoyed some aspects of your stay, in particular a very good breakfast. I have passed on your feedback to our housekeeping any maintenance team.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Hi our room was OK for the price although top end price. Quite a noisy location as the rooms surround the bar. Assume would be quiet in winter but in the summer was very noisy past 11pm.
Dinner service was dreadful and would not go again. Simply weak across all areas. Knowledge of wine, knowledge of menu, service and speed, food taste was average at best, service just not right. For the price was very very weak. Would not come back.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Richard D

Dear Richard,

Thank for your concise feedback. I have passed on the comments to all concerned,

Best,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

We were going to visit the rooftop bar that we had read about, but the other half had a quick look and said all you could see was rooftops, shame really as it so close to the sea. The actual bar is very dark, although there is a nice courtyard area to sit in as well.
Enthusiastic young frenchman served us, he was covering the bar and told us upfront that he only knew how to make one cocktail as soon as we asked for the list (he was actually the sommelier and his knowledge of wine was very impressive). His colleague who was doing paperwork talked him through the two cocktails that we asked for, and it did make it more fun as part of the process. The actual bartender clearly knew his stuff but appeared disinterested and his personal presentation didn't really fit with the company image.... the 3 safety pins holding his flies together?
If you're just going for a drik, there are better places to go in Brighton.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Zoe,

Thank you for taking the to share your experience at Bar du Vin. The unique nature of our listed building does add to the charm of hotel bar. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the knowledgeable service from Louis our Sommelier. I have passed on your comments and concerns to our Bars manager - which have been dually acted upon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I attended national conference and stayed here with my region 18th-22nd June.
Its a short taxi ride from the train station, there are shops/bars/restaurants and the beach right nearby.
The hotel itself is very quirky and beautiful. Checking in was very quick and friendly, there are no lifts to get to your rooms so the kind staff offered to help with suitcases, you get a key with your named room on. The room was big and beautiful, bed was comfortable and the shower and bath was amazing! There is a safe in the wardrobe, hairdryer and ironing board. Kettle/coffee machine, tea/coffee. Goodies & a mini fridge to purchase from. Big mirror and a dressing table with a tv. I loved this room! It was in a little section upstairs with only a few rooms next to you so it was very quiet!
Staff were SO polite and friendly you felt so welcomed.
Breakfast - oh.. my... god.. full english was lovely! I had it every morning, fresh juice available and tea & coffee.
I had a few drinks at the bar (quite expensive) but its understandable at the quality and service you get.
I felt very comfortable here even walking around on my own, you are always greeted by the staff, they will help with anything you need.
A cleaner came in every day so the rooms were spotless.
Good food places around the area!
I would avoid revolution for lunch time though, waited over an hour for food, it wasn't nice food staff then tried to over charge us 3 times and argued. But had no trouble with any other restaurant!
Eat here because the food is lovely :D
The beach is a short walk away and its beautiful, the pier isn't too far either.
I would recommend to anybody to stay at this hotel it is truly beautiful and you will feel welcomed. I just want to thank the staff for a pleasant stay, my first time in Brighton and definitely not my last :D

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kerry P

Dear Kerry P,

I am delighted you enjoyed your recent stay and am most grateful for your kind words, which I have shared with the entire team. We are thrilled you took away such a positive impression and fond memories and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin whenever you are next in Brighton.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 July 2018

The hotel looks interesting from the outside and we found the open courtyard, set with dining tables, just inside. The service was excellent and lunch snacks exceeded our expectations. Would love to try the hotel but we live nearby. Will return for more food later

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear chrismdunn10,

Thank you for your wonderful words of praise, which I have shared with the entire team who look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin on many more occasions.

Kind regards,