1,586 results
All reviews roll top bath hdv brighton monsoon shower junior suite free standing bath walk in shower nespresso machine no lift lovely hotel wedding party sunday night sea front mini bar eggs benedict room rate following morning lovely room
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Having had our wedding reception at this venue a few years ago, we thought we would return for a few days stay in one of the junior suites. The ladies on reception were lovely, however we left very disappointed at how the hotel has deteriorated in terms of quality of accommodation. The room we stayed in was musty and to be quite honest could of done with a good deep clean. Thick layer of dust on the shower heads, dirty windows, filthy broken shower seal on the door. The sofa in the room was dirty and looked like something bought out of a secondhand shop having seen better days. The walls clearly needed wiping down, more to the point they needed repainting. We ate in the restaurant on the first night, however the service wasn't that good so we decided we would eat elsewhere on our remaining two nights. The only highlight was the breakfast service that we received from Agnes and Lucas who where very pleasant, polite and a credit to the hotel. We have a special place in our hearts for the Hotel Du Vin in Brighton, so it was so disappointing the room was such a let down especially given the three nights stay cost us £890! It is the most we have ever paid for a short stay in a hotel but the worst accommodation we have experienced. You cannot charge these prices for such poor quality accommodation. We left feeling we had wasted our money. And yes we have read in your responses to other reviews of a similar nature that you are undertaking a refurbishment program - when?? Until these rooms are brought up to standard, you should be offering them at discounted rates. In the end it's short-term financial gain for you but in the long term you're losing valuable repeat business. It saddens me to say as regular visitors to Brighton we won't be returning soon.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 1972steve
Ryan B, Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Whilst I appreciated your kind words about the service you received during your stay I was naturally concerned to learn of the disappointing memories you took away with you in terms of your accommodation.

We are constantly investing in all areas of the hotel and have a comprehensive programme to ensure all our rooms are of the highest standard, however, it is clear that regrettably you resided in a room yet to receive attention. It is my earnest hope that you will choose to stay with us again and may I ask that you please make your reservation through me dgm.brighton@hotelduvin.com so I can ensure your faith in Hotel du Vin is restored.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely couples stay, great location just off of the seafront. Nice courtyard to have a drink in & delicious food in the restaurant. Service was quite slow but we were in no rush so wasn’t bothered.

Lovely bathroom but particularly small bedroom & we felt the room and some of the hotel maybe needed a bit of tlc.

Would return though.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucy_louise_lucy

Dear lucy_louise,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed many aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of your accommodation for which please accept my most sincere apologies.

Needless to say, I am most grateful to you for this constructive feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

Stayed here back in January with my partner and we had a lovely nights stay. We’d booked a standard room and asked if there were any rooms to upgrade to upon arrival but unsurprisingly on a Saturday night they were fully booked. But our room was still lovely, plenty of space, bed really comfy and bathroom a generous size. We had a drink in the bar after going out for the evening and prices were actually really reasonable and staff were really friendly. We had breakfast in the bistro in the hotel the following morning and we did have to wait quite a while for food but it was a very busy Sunday morning so couldn’t complain. We had a lovely stay and are planning on staying here again in the next few months now the weather has improved!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Melrick1992,

Thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to seeing welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin Brighton again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Hotel du Vin in May for a friend's hen party. I want to thank, Ben, James, Andrea the general manager and the rest of the staff for providing us with such amazing service.

Firstly the group had a cocktail making class. James was amazing in making sure everyone had a good time.

Secondly we went on to have dinner in the bistro, Ben provided us with amazing service throughout the night. No task was too big from helping us charge our phones to making sure the service was running to perfection.

I was fasting during the day and Ben made sure my food was ready for me when it was my time to eat. He ensured everything arrived promptly and it was all cooked freshly for me, from my bread to the fish.

The food was absolutely divine. Thank you chef.

Most importantly he checked in on me throughout the night just to make sure I was ok. I've never recieved such amazing service. He went beyond the call of duty. So I want to say a big thank you to him and all his team.

I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone who wants a good time.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank 853pav

Dear 853pav,

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your recent Hen Party with us. I shall pass on your kind word to the Chef and team who looked after on the evening who will be thrilled to hear they could be part of such a wonderful evening.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

The entrance to the hotel is lovely and all the members of Staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
This was a spur of the moment stopover.
The room proved to be very claustrophobic, as there were no windows, only in the door. The bed wasn’t very comfortable and the pillows were far too soft and floppy. We got the room at reduced rate, but it was still a lot of money for one night. The room was situated in the corner of the courtyard, but it was extremely noisy and there were piles of seat cushions outside the door, plus a bag of rubbish.
Breakfast was ok, fried eggs were underdone, but again, the Staff were excellent.
Wouldn’t stay again, especially at the prices.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John W

Dear John,

Thank for sharing your constructive feedback from your recent visit to Hotel du Vin. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the excellent service provided during your sojourn.

We do offer a wide variety of rooms ranging from the 'cosy room' in the courtyard to larger suites. We do also offer a large variety of pillows and bedding which can be arranged with the reception team to ensure your comfort during your stay.

Best Regard,