1,572 results
All reviewsroll top bathhdv brightonmonsoon showerjunior suitefree standing bathwalk in showernespresso machineno liftlovely hotelwedding partysunday nightsea frontmini bareggs benedictroom ratefollowing morninglovely room
Reviewed 31 December 2017

When we arrived at the hotel we received a warm welcome and as the hotel was quiet our room was upgraded to a large Superior. So far so good, the room was excellent with all the usual facilities.
After a trip to the theatre and then some drinks in the lanes on the way back, we arrived at the bar after midnight to a warm welcome from the bar staff who were happy to serve us until we dragged ourselves to our room.
Breakfast in the morning was perfect, the fried eggs came out exactly as my wife described them and i know I'm weird but my kipper was cooked to perfection.
Check out was smooth and hassle free so I cannot give anything other than 5 stars.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Ryan B, Deputy General Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear SeveWentz,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I was delighted you enjoyed your recent sojourn and look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin on all future trips to Brighton.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2017

You can't quite leave 5-stars when you are forced to make a late check-in, you then can't get into your room for a further hour as the door's lock is broken, the main light switch doesn't work properly and only one power point is working.

But somehow the staff at Hotel du Vin put everything right without fuss, knew how to handle the situations and our family's two day trip was enjoyable from start to finish. For starters, complementary drinks and a 10% refund off the room rate was given automatically. Then on the second day, the four of us were given complementary champagne to celebrate my wife's birthday as well as breakfast. Have to say that this breakfast is about as good you''ll get on the Brighton seafront and I've stayed at all the main hotels. Full English is standard but if you fancy something a bit different or healthier the choice here is excellent. All served personally too rather than the usual queuing for your serving. The hotel is fantastically located right by the Lanes and just a short walk to the pier. The interior itself is boutique in feel. The bar area is charming and very relaxing. There's a delightful court-yard around the back which must be great to sit outside in during the summer.

My take on the problems were that they were one-offs so I will definitely be staying here again. And assuming no further issues next time I will give it 5-stars.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Dear aron997,

I was delighted you enjoyed your recent stay even after a shaky start. I am most grateful for your kind words which I have shared with the entire team, who look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin on your next trip to Brighton.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Room was probably in need of some refurbishment although in general Ok.
Check in staff were friendly and it was quite slick.
Breakfast was nice however - will someone at HQ teach the chefs how to make eggs Arnold Bennett - 2 nd hotel du vin and second failure - you dish out an omelette not what’s on the menu...or take it off the menu - please go to the savoy or the Wolseley or actually my mother in laws.
Cocktails were great and staff friendly plus the meals were very nice. My only tip is that if you want to be great then do not serve cheese straight from the fridge.
We found Brighton slightly disappointing as there were too many homeless and empty buildings - the shopping close to the hotel and in the lanes was quite good.
Also the parking is ridiculous at a discounted price for 2 nights at around £48 which basically says that the local council aren’t interested which is a shame.
Sadly we probably won’t come back to Brighton but that’s nothing to do with the Hotel.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Stephi1975,

Thank you for having taken time to write a review on Tripadvisor and for sharing the experience of your stay at the hotel.

Be sure I have shared your comment with the Head Chef. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the your cocktails.

Best regards,

Ryan Boner

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Myself and my girlfriend stayed for one night late November and we had a wonderful time. The lady at the reception in the evening was so lovely, she upgraded us even though she absolutely didn't have to and she showed us where to go, she was so lovely and made our experience so much better.
The room was BEAUTIFUL, the nicest hotel room we have ever stayed in with all the amenities, if you can get the Arundel room i highly suggest you do it is gorgeous.
Breakfast was lovely and they let us keep our bags there while we went shopping in the lanes.
Overall an amazing experience and I will be going back !!

Room Tip: Upgrade is so worth it! We stayed in Arundel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sophiewest9
Ryan B, Deputy General Manager at Hotel du Vin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Sophiewest9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent stay, I was delighted you had an enjoyable time and have shared your compliments with the entire team (and with the Reception in particular), who look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel du Vin whenever you are next in Brighton.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We booked in on Saturday morning and they had kindly upgraded our room, that was lovely. The room was was superb, but at nearly £400.00 for dinner bed and breakfast it should be.
But sadly their attention to detail has now gone.

No 'Prosecco' on a Saturday night, excuse was "we sold out yesterday" You didn't think to get some more this morning ready for the weekend trade? madness.
A table was booked for 8.30pm but they couldn't seat us until 9.20pm as they were busy. Why, didn't you know you were going to be busy?
The second weekend in December?
One dessert on the menu, typically the one we selected, sorry we have run out of it.

Breakfast, wrong food and drinks delivered, hard to get toast and tea wrong. No granola left, they simply said , none left, translates as we aren't going to make anymore as it 10.05am. My eggs cold, they went back, next breakfast was lovely.

I decided to mention these 'first world' problems/issues to reception.
She listened, then said "Thank you for letting us know" which translates to me as 'in one in ear and out the other' Oh well......customer service is obviously not that important to them.
Yes I am possibly picky, but this was once a TOP hotel, all spot on, it was our third time staying there, now I think it was our last.
I am sure they will not care. they do say all good things come to an end.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tim O

Dear Tim O,

Whilst I was pleased to learn you enjoyed some aspects of your recent stay, I was most concerned to read your comments regarding the standard of service for which please accept my most sincere apologies.

Needless to say, I am most grateful to you for this constructive criticism. We are constantly striving to improve all aspect of the hotel and can't do so without our guests feedback.

With Kindest Regards,