“Incredible Kindness”
Review of Nineteen

Nineteen
Ranked #17 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This has recently been taken on by Liam and Dan when it was already a top rated B&B in Brighton, but already you can see they're at least maintaining the standards of the previous owners. Although in my view, I think they're exceeding!

It was my birthday weekend and so I spent two nights here with plans to eat in some of Brighton's amazing restaurants. It was a perfect base to do this from and we realised in reading the very helpful guide in the bedroom Liam and Dan were able to offer us complimentary drinks at two of our pre-booked restaurant choices: Terre á Terre and Riddle & Finns.

They serve a continental breakfast in the room which works really well, bringing a laden tray of goodies (pic supplied) and they even gave me a couple of birthday cupcakes complete with candle! On Saturday afternoon they brought a couple of glasses of rosé to our room with their good wishes. This is the level of thoughtful care that underpinned our stay and made it very spectial.

We decided to check out the cooked breakfast on the last morning and for a £3 surchare you get a voucher for Morris and Jacques just around the corner - which is a very trendy café offering a high quality, premium ingredient, on a selection of breakfasts. This saves Nineteen from having to lose space to a dining room and works out really well for all concerned in supporting local businesses and contributing a sense of family and community amongst the local restaurants and cafés.

Our bed was super comfortable with quality linens and the towels fluffy and soft. Everything was recently upgraded and the place was spotlessly clean. I'd prefer a blackout blind at the window but that's just my challenges with sleeping coming through.

The tea-tray in the room and bluetooth speaker and smart TV, complimentary slippers and robes make this a really luxurious B&B. Well worth the money. I'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 7 November 2017

Hi Techie69

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and review here. We are absolutely delighted to hear such wonderful feedback, it really does give us a massive sense of pride and confidence!

We take on board your point about the blackout blinds and we are looking to update these in the next couple of months. In the meantime, we have temporary black out blinds in reception that we can quickly put up upon request - call it a '21st century turn down' service! :-)

Thank you so much again for your kind words! We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Dan, Liam & Gracie

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Great B and B. Great facilities, lovely owners who were very knowledgeable about restaurant recommendations. 2minute walk into town. You can see the pier from the end of the road. Comfortable, Clean and spacious. Could not ask for more. Breakfast is a self selection brought to your room. Or you can pop to the local cafe for a cooked breakfast for a £3 supplement. Large bottles of water in the rooms and little tray of sweets and biscuits which was really nice touch. Along with robes and slippers. I'd stay again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 7 November 2017

Hi Kerry N

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and the little touches that we add to help make your stay even more comfortable.

We really look forward to seeing you and 'Mr N' soon!

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I travel the world staying in every conceivable type and level of accommodation my NINETEEN experience was truly delightful, in every way.

"We've only just taken over" said Dan, the new owner, well Dan you have found your calling, everything surpassed my expectations. Dan is warm, friendly, accommodating and like all good hoteliers only concerned with his guests comfort and having an enjoyable "Nineteen" experience.

Dan helped me in with my luggage from the car and then assisted with locating a parking spot, not an easy feat in Brighton. My room was lovely, spacious and spotlessly clean with crisp white linens, a superbly comfortable bed and every amenity you could wish for.

I was in Brighton on business and when I travel need good internet connectivity, the free wifi was excellent and whilst I couldn't use this opportunity to explore Brighton the location I would imagine is superb for enjoying all that "London By The Sea" has to offer.

I loved the enthusiasm of Dan and Liam, listening to their plans for Nineteen and how they intend to make it the best B&B in Brighton, I have no doubt they will achieve all this and more.

If you're visiting to Brighton, for any reason and want lovely accommodation, in a great location run by hosts who really care, then NINETEEN is the place for you, it will certainly be my accommodation of choice.

Thank you for a wonderful stay and good luck to you both ... although I have a feeling you won't need it!!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 4 November 2017

Hi frequentflier24

Thank you so much for your kind review! It's so lovely to receive feedback like that and Liam, Gracie and I are over the moon to hear you think we on the right track. It was brilliant to have you stay with us!

We would love to host you again, and do be sure to call us for the best rates! :-)

Thanks ever so again!

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Me and my other half had a nice long weekend in Brighton and stayed here at nineteen Mark, Dan and gracie were all welcoming..everything was clean, they couldn't have done more for us, we will be coming back soon hopefully thankyou so much Lauren and Jack ☺☺ xx

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Dan J, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi Lauren

It was lovely hosting you and Jack, and thank you so much for your kind review!

We look forward to seeing you both again soon, and thank you again for choosing to stay in Nineteen whilst visiting Brighton!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Great seaside location and warmly welcomed by the new innkeeper,
Dan. Booked while still under previous owner and transition was seamless on my side. Dan met my colleague and I at the bus stop and helped us navigate the short walk to the hotel. Room had good character including crown molding and mantle and (now for decoration) fireplace. Modern bathroom tiles and shower. Nice table near windows to work at. WiFi free and reasonably strong for email and some video streaming. Delicious selection of continental breakfast items w/ coffee or tea served to your room. Paid small supplement and enjoyed hot breakfast at nearby cafe.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Dan J, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi AMviajes

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are so pleased you chose to stay at Nineteen for your trip, and that the transition was seamless - it's really great for us to hear that feedback, and gives us every confidence to continue delivering an excellent experience for our guests.

We really hope to host you again soon!

Dan, Liam & Gracie