All reviews courtyard room bluetooth speaker local cafe japanese room rituals toiletries slippers and robes cafe round the corner supremely comfortable bed helpful guide downstairs kitchen freshly baked croissants great seaside restaurant recommendations continental breakfast walking distance modern facilities prior to arrival
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Stayed one night in the Japanese Courtyard Room, which has lovely Japanese themed decor, very clean and comfortable. Outdoor bath was fantastic and very relaxing. Felt very much like a home :) Delicious breakfast. The owner, Mark, is really warm, welcoming and lovely. I would recommend NINETEEN to anyone. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Mark M, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear skaw2211, thank you so much for taking time out to post this kind review of your short stay at Nineteen. We're delighted you enjoyed the Japanese Courtyard room, and we hope to see you both again some time.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We decided at the last minute to stay over in Brighton as we were attending a gig at the Concorde. Having searched online I found NINETEEN..... what a find! It's the best guest house I've stayed in. We received a warm welcome on arrival, we were taken to our room which was lovely. We were given the option of still or fizzy water, there was complimentary fruit in our room along with slippers, robes and aromatherapy shower gel, shampoo & body lotion. The room was very clean & well decorated. The continental breakfast was superb, for a little extra you can go to an nearby cafe for a hot breakfast.
The location is perfect close to the pier, lanes and train station.
I certainly recommend NINETEEN, we will definitely be booking to stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark M, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Thank you Tracey t: your kind words mean a lot to us. We were honoured to host you for your night out in Brighton, and we're delighted you approved of all the little things we add to our rooms to make for a comfortable stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

My husband found this hotel online and booked it for 2 nights for a weekend away for the two of us.
The hotel is easy to find and parking was not a problem. We paid an additional £11 each day to purchase a parking permit from Mark (who runs/owns the hotel).
Mark also helped us to find a parking space. The first day we parked on the street on the hotel and the 2nd about 2 mins walk away.
We loved this hotel. The location really couldn't have been better being only 3 mins walk away from the pier and 5 mins walk from the lanes.
We stayed in room 2. This was a relatively small room, but we didn't need anything bigger. The bathroom is brand new with a good shower.
I think our favourite part was the breakfast which was included in the price and delivered to our room. It was so good that we had it both days rather than opting to go to the cafe.
The rooms also had some lovely personal touches such as bottled water, fruit, slippers and bathrobes. I would recommend this hotel and consider staying here again if visiting Brighton.
Thanks for a lovely stay!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Mark M, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear StephanieM, what a lovely review of your stay at Nineteen: thank you so much for sharing your kind thoughts. We enjoyed hosting you both, and look forward to seeing you again some time.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

The most enjoyable B&B accomodation I ever stayed. Centrally located, only a few minutes walking distance to all Brighton landmarks and shopping streets. Really beautiful, comfy room with many nice, useful extras. Very, very friendly, helpful host and staff. Boutique hotel feeling with personal touch. Very well organized. High quality food for breakfast - even gluten-free options are provided. Kitchen available for making coffee or tea or to borrow dishes.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sabrina L
Mark M, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear Sabrina L, thank you for taking time out to post this lovely review of your recent stay with us. It was good to meet you, and I was very happy when you told me before you left that you had enjoyed visiting Brighton.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Excellence B&B, the best one in which I ever been. In a strategic position, 10 minutes far from the train station and 1 minutes from the seaside, it provides everything you need for a pleasant stay.
Mark, the owner, has been very kind by waiting for me despite my late arrival and by providing me all the information needed for my stay.
The room was very cozy, clean and tidy. A lot of services that you don't expect from a B&B are provided: aromatherapy soaps, slippers, local journals, local guides and info, restaurants and bar suggestions, complimentary water per day, free use of the kitchen for teas or coffees, breakfast included, air drier, a Bluetooth speaker, tv with suggestions of local and interesting channels, fantastic shower, towels, bathrobe, umbrella and free wifi. Literally everything you can need at a very good level.
If you are planning to visit for a couple of days, or more Brighton, that's the right place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Mark M, Owner at Nineteen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you very much Edoardo V - this is a wonderful review! We are really happy that you noticed and appreciated many of the little extra things we do here at Nineteen.
We feel honoured to receive your high praise.