“Ok food but terrible owner”
Review of LangeLee's - CLOSED

LangeLee's
Price range: USD 8 - USD 13
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

So on gourmet society website langelee's was showing 25% off total bill and prior to turning up I pre booked my table and asked if still accepting gourmet card and the waitress said yes, so while eating which the food was good and the bill came I showed my card and was then told the promotion was stopped after 2 years, the owner came over and I said that the waitress told me it was ok and his reply was "well she is new" like I'm suppose to know that, the fact that he wanted to battle it out shows poor customer service as at the end of the day if you get told something then it should be followed and the waitress tried to cover it up to say she didn't "hear" me say it when 100% I did say on my booking. We eventually got the discount but the fact that the owner was so rude about it I would never come back again. Shame really as again the food is good.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I'm not usually one to write reviews but I felt obliged after being left horrified by the owner's terrible customer service and bad attitude during our visit yesterday. Four of us ordered one breakfast wrap, two eggs royale and one LangLees breakfast, when over half an hour passed with no food arriving I went up and politely asked the waitress if she knew how much longer it would be. The owner came storming over and when I said that it had been half an hour he scoffed/ rolled his eyes and said that it hadn't been, checking on his till to prove me wrong. When the till actually ended up proving me right he became even more hostile, telling me that half an hour is a normal amount of time as "everything is made to order" and if we "want fast food then go to McDonalds across the road". I'm sure I don't need to defend the fact that over half an hour for four breakfasts at a cafe is not a normal amount of time, which he proved himself when he initially refused to believe it had been so long. Our friends were also dining on a separate table and repeatedly asked for some water only for it to still not have arrived by the time we [eventually] left. The cafe had also run out of most of their stock by 12.30pm on a Sunday, with the table next to us having to amend their orders to what food was available rather than what food they actually wanted. Food was okay but not good enough to justify the rude attitude - an attitude that can be further proven when you look at the restaurant's laughable response to any negative review on this very website. Looking forward to seeing what passive aggressive response the owner decides to write about my account of yesterday's service!

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Stephanie S
Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

This place is great! We came for brunch and loved it. Sat outside in the sunshine, chose from an extensive menu, food arrived quickly and with a smile and was absolutely delicious. Will certainly be coming back.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 22 May 2017

What a great place, the South African food was all so nice, the guys running the restaurant were so helpful, great service, well worth a visit here, prices reasonable to !!!

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Had brunch here today with a couple of friends who were visiting Brighton. We'd been out the night before so wanted something delicious and stodgy!

2 of us has the French toast and added bacon and a poached egg. Such good value for money as you get heaps of toast, and of course it was totally delicious - no complaints! Other friend has the breakfast wrap with Extra garlic mushrooms which she said hit the spot. Smiles all round :)

Service was also super friendly for a little cafe, more like restaurant service!!

Thanks Langlee's - will definitely be back for more hungover brunch's x

Date of visit: March 2017