“Delicious food, friendly staff”
Review of Iydea

Iydea
Ranked #48 of 1,315 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: USD 8 - USD 15
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: iydea is a small and very busy express vegetarian / vegan canteen right in the heart of Brighton's North Laine area. All the food is freshly made and is on display so you can choose only what you want to go on your plate or to take away. There is an extensive breakfast menu from 9:30 every morning which changes to the lunch menu at 11:30 (12:00 Sundays). They also do a large selection of drinks including all freshly made smoothies, juices and local roasted coffee. iydea can get very busy at peak times so best to avoid these if you want a little more space and comfort.
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

Everything about this packed little restaurant is excellent. The food is amazing, great choice and very modestly priced. The staff were very helpful and friendly. A wonderful first impression of Brighton

Reviewed 6 October 2018

Though I'm not a vegetarian, I thoroughly enjoyed the wide range of choices available here. Service is canteen style and you grab a seat wherever you can. It was busy when we visited and you might struggle to find a seat, but they do a take away service as well. The food was all very tasty, with a good choice ranging from fairly plain to more spicy options. Excellent value for money as well.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I am not vegetarian or vegan but, my niece is and I had brought her to Brighton for a summer holiday treat. I had researched best vegan/veggie places to eat but just came across Iydea when we were wandering and what a find it was. The food was very tasty! (I find some veggie dishes a bit bland) and excellent value. There is a great choice and it took us a while to decide what to try. I would definitely eat here regularly if I was local. Friendly staff too.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

We visited Brighton for the day and were looking for somewhere that served vegetarian food and saw Idyea. The window looked amazing so we went in and all the food looked wonderful, we struggled to decide what to have. It was the most delicious vegetarian food we've ever eaten out. The drinks were glorious too. Fresh, tasty and excellent value. Next Brighton trip for food there will be no contest on the lunch choice!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

I watched the staff member who was preparing my breakfast this morning wipe the previously used knife between her thumb and finger to clean it before cutting my toast with it, she then wiped her nose on the back of her hand and coughed into her hand before serving my food. She did not wash her hands at all.
The poached eggs at the next table were completely solid, having sat on the side for some time between cooking and being served.
It was not busy, and the delay seemed to be due to chatting to her colleague
The staff member clearly stated to her colleague that she only hated doing breakfasts at the weekends.
I will not be returning!

2  Thank helenrreeve