5,038 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Location - Great location, right on water, across street. Central, walking distance to all shops, restaurants, etc.
Hotel - was okay, little dated.
Room - ok, very stuffy, rooms smelt, rooms need a bit of an upgrade, no air conditioning.
Bed - was terrible, like sleeping on wood, hard as a rock.
Bathroom - was small, no where to put anything, no air whatsoever.
It was really hot during the night in the room, didn't help that there was no air in the room.
Service - was great
Wifi - good.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
SaschaKoehler, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear VKNY44

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I would like to express and offer my sincerest apologies for the shortfall experience you had while staying with us and I am sorry that your room was not of the standard you expected and that it did not have air conditioning, unfortunately not all of our rooms do.

Your feedback is extremely important to us to ensure that we continuously improve our services for all our guests, your feedback has since been shared with the relevant heads of department.

I am sorry that you felt your visit was marred in certain areas of your stay but thank you for your very positive feedback in terms of the team at the hotel.

I do hope that despite any disappointment experienced on this occasion, we may have the opportunity to demonstrate our usual warm welcome on a future visit.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The 3 star rating is for the architectural delight that houses this hotel and the breakfast service. The Victorian charm takes you back to the 1890s when it was built. Rooms and bathrooms are large, a bit stark with white predominating them. Some parts of the room, like the windows/door corners, look tired. We couldn’t take the nearest elevator to our room because of work on the 1st floor so had to walk quite a bit to the main elevator which was a bit troublesome for my aged mother. Noise permeates very easily across rooms. Our peace was shattered by a very noisy bunch of people at 3am!! Apart from the architecture, the other good part of the hotel is the massive breakfast and the Irish egg chef who was amazingly considerate and friendly. He really made our stay enjoyable. Location is very good right on the seafront.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Gayatri S

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I would like to thank you for your mixed bag of compliments and constructive criticism which I really do appreciate.

Your feedback is extremely important to us to ensure that we continuously improve our services for our guests, your feedback has also been shared with the relevant heads of department.

I am sorry that your visit was marred by the disturbance in the corridor in the early hours of the morning but thank you for your very positive feedback in terms of both your breakfast experience and the team at the hotel.

I do hope you will look at returning in the near future.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a bottomless brunch a couple of weeks ago for me and my friends and if was fab! The service was great and the food even better. I had the pancakes and they were probably the best I’ve ever had! The food of my friends also looked delicious and even my veg friend was happy with the choices. I don’t remember the name of the supervisor, but he was great and the Italian waitress who looked after us, made sure our glasses were never empty. I hope to be back soon!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Roos v

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your very positive feedback on your Bottomless Brunch experience.

It is always a pleasure to read that the service provided by our team made you and your friend’s afternoon more enjoyable. Your feedback has been shared with both the Waterhouse bar team and the Executive Chef and his team.

I do hope that you will be joining us again for a Bottomless Brunch.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Thank you we had a lovely stay in Brighton.

I would particularly like to thank Lorena on your reception. I spoke to her several times before we stayed and she was very pleasant, friendly and helpful.

If you have any employee recognition schemes, I would like to recommend her.

Warm regards and thanks again Lorena for your help.

Mr and Mrs Graham

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear andrewF4911SH

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I'm so pleased that you had such a great stay with us, it is always a pleasure to read that the service provided by our team made your stay more enjoyable. I was particularly pleased to read the feedback on Lorena our Front Office Supervisor.

We always aim to make everyone feel welcome and I would like to thank you for sharing your comments, I do hope you will look at returning in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The hotel itself has a bit of an old fashioned feel to it but the room was modern enough as well as being very comfortable. I didn't use the bar or eat at the hotel in the evening but did have breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent. The cost was £103 per night (including breakfast) which I felt to be very good value. The staff couldn't have been more helpful - all in a pleasant experience.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear DaveGTW

Thank you for taking the time to add your review to Trip-advisor.

I am very grateful that you would take the time to pass on your very positive feedback on your recent stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read the feedback you gave on my team, so thank you.

We always aim to make everyone feel welcome and thank you for sharing your comments.