Hilton Brighton Metropole
USD 228*
USD 214*
  • Pool
Jurys Inn Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
USD 171*
USD 148*
Malmaison Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
USD 215*
USD 203*
Ibis Brighton City Centre Station(Brighton)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
USD 139*
USD 117*
Priceline
4,714 results
All reviewssea viewsea frontbreakfast was excellentbrighton centreseafront
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Metropole recently for a work conference. It's a perfectly decent conference hotel - and the conference / business facilities are of a good high standard. The bedroom however was a bit of a disappointment; mine overlooked what seemed to be industrial cooling vents. Colleagues' rooms were in some cases in serious need of refurbishment.

I'd previously looked at staying here with my wife for a romantic weekend. I would struggle to recommend this for a romantic getaway, and was glad I had not spent my own money here.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear NorthLondoner1000,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay.

The hotel is still in the process of refurbishing and redecorating a large number of rooms. I was disappointed to read you would not recommend or stay for a romantic weekend, please be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel was filled with charm and elegance. Location was excellent with outstanding water views. As part of a tour our room didn't have a good view, but the size was great. Rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. Dinner was provided and it was very good with many options to choose from on the buffet.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Dear DClif,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay with us and I was delighted to read that you had thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of your stay and the hotel. It is always a pleasure to read that the hotel and service provided for such an enjoyable stay for you.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Had booked a "romantic" weekend for my partner and myself. Asked her where she would like to go and she said Brighton. Looked online and thought - Hilton, must be good - how mistaken I was.

Booked a delux room. Again, a mistake, the room was very poor, towels etc., only for one, plus a used bath mat and towel, furniture chipped and old, top end of a broken glass on the carpet, various other details which for the price of the room, were unforgiveable.
Spoke to the Customer services Manager and received another room. Unfortunately the damage was done.
Although the revamped room was okay, it still was not what I expected from a noted hotel chain. Room service personnel barely able to speak English, cost of a bucket of ice, just under £10.

As indicated to the Customer Service Manager, I travel a lot on Business worldwide and had often stayed in one of the Hilton chain but this was scarcely credible. Unless free of charge we would not stay there again.

One positive point, the reception staff were very friendly.
David Newton

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David N

Dear Mr Newton,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay and I am sorry to read that your stay fell below the Hilton standard. The hotel is still in the process of refurbishing and redecorating a large number of rooms.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointments you had with the hotel and be assured we are renovating and improving the hotel on a regular basis.

I was delighted to read that you found our reception team to be friendly during your stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

We recently had a Sunday brunch in Brighton Hilton Metropole. I would call overall experience as very good, it looked like restaurant was fully booked, so we couldn't get table we wanted, but restaurant staff got that sorted and we were offered another table that we were happy with. The overall atmosphere felt warm and friendly.
Little worse on the food side, the quality of the food offered was very good, but more variety would be welcomed (for example cheese was not on buffet at all, but brought personally by Tanya).
Overall great atmosphere and attentive staff, very good location and fine food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear John B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your recent experience at our Jazz Sunday Brunch.

It is always a pleasure to read our team have provided you a wonderful experience and service.

Your comments regarding the choice and variety has been shared with our Food & Beverage Manager and our Executive Head Chef to review

Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 September 2012

Booked 2 nights last weekend for friends. It wasn't our first choice by any means but one of the few higher end hotels with availability. Slightly concerned by the mixed reviews but gathered from the some good/some poor that the refurbished rooms were good, and those that hadn't been not. So we first of all contacted Hilton and got through to an American who agreed (!!) that indeed some of the rooms were poor value for money. Not very reassured my husband then spoke to the hotel directly and explained our concerns. We were assured our guests would be put in one of the better rooms and job done, or so we thought. We visited our guests in their room which was reasonably modern yet small, with no external windows, no aircon, no mini-bar and a very tired bathroom in need of replacement and complete with cheap flimsy shower curtain (also very small). If this had been a £100 room then the price was fair but it was in fact £350 (without breakfast) through laterooms. Booked direct the price quoted for the same two nights was £610 - outrageous!! The hotel isn't bad overall but hugely over-priced for one of the so-called 'better' rooms. Wont be booking again unless the rate was 50% less. Still gobsmacked that the call centre agreed that some of the rooms were poor - what were they like I wonder....

• Stayed: September 2012
yug33, General Manager at Hilton Brighton Metropole, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Dear jleeLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your most recent stay and I am sorry to read that your fell below the Hilton standard. The hotel is in the process of refurbishing and redecorating a large number of rooms.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed both the food & service during your stay.