“Best authentic Italian pizza in the South?”
Review of VIP Pizza Saltdean

VIP Pizza Saltdean
Ranked #29 of 1,310 Restaurants in Brighton
Description: Our history takes as back to Naples, where we established our first shop in 1845. We are a family-run business spanning five generations that now operates in various segments of the food industry. All our products come directly from our own farm in Naples.
Reviewed 2 March 2017

I've visited this restaurant on several occasions with my family and we've never had a bad meal yet! The staff are all real Italians (!), the decor is very Italian and cosy, but most importantly the pizzas are genuinely authentic and I think about the closest thing you'll get to a real Italian-made home style stone baked pizza!! We travel from over 11 miles away just to eat this pizza! The 'panuozzo' are also to die for (try one and you won't be disappointed). The only slight criticism if I was pushed is that the starter portions are ever so slightly on the small side for what they cost, and the mixed fried seafood starter isn't the best I've had (fish is a bit chewy). Cakes look and smell delicious and again authentic. I would definitely say this is the closest I have come to a real Italian restaurant in the UK so far - bearing in mind I am Italian....! If you don't like or are disappointed by the food here then I'm sorry but unfortunately you don't understand what real Italian food is!

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

This place looks like a typical Italian trattoria, well decorated with Italian products (that u can also buy) and traditional Neapolitan symbols. We had the salumi before (for 2) and it was ok, but the pizza (we went for a FIletto) was out of this world! Incredible. Best sourdough I had outside of Naples (I am Neapolitan but lived in Uk for 6 years). Highly recommended!
I am giving 4 stars only because at the end of the dinner they asked us if we wanted limoncello or meloncello and they charged us 3 pound each for it. Traditionally unless u present to clients the menu of digestives or the client ask you for one without you mentioning it, it's on the restaurant. We thought was just the traditional shot glass they offer u in Italy but it was not and 3 pounds each is also a bit pricey.
Again, we recommend this place for their amazing pizza! Don't miss it!

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

This place is amazing, I could eat here every day. I only go somewhere else when it's busy and have to wait a long time for a table.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Ok so the wait was long but it was worth it. Great pizza and great atmosphere. Lots of Italians eating which says it all. Pizzas are big, fresh and super tasty and you can tell all the ingredients are good quality and homemade. Will def revisit.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend visited Brighton for a weekend and decided to have dinner at this little Italian restaurant. It's safe to say the food was outstanding. We ordered two pizzas and they were the best pizza I have ever had in the UK. Never mind the food by the seaside, get yourself along to VIP pizza you'll not be disappointed!