“Highly Rated & Deserves It.”
Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Ranked #80 of 1,308 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I visited on the recommendation of a friend, plus the fact it was highly rated on TripAdvisor.

I had the Spaghetti Carbonara as my main & it was superb...one of the very best I've ever had of this dish (and I've had it a lot of times at many different restaurants)
My girlfriend had a pizza with parma ham & she loved it.

The banoffie pie for dessert was a good sized portion & also tasted lovely.

It can get very busy & is not that big inside, so you need to book as it was busy even on a sunday evening.

They don't add on a service charge, which is nice in this day & age, leaving it to you to decided if/how much tip to leave.

The service was very prompt & professional throughout.

I look forward to returning here to try something else on the menu.

Reviewed 2 May 2017

We used this cosy Italian the last time we came to Brighton a year or so ago-glad we came back .Situated in the 'interesting' area of Kemptown . We hadn't booked but they managed to squeeze us in on a busy bank holiday Sunday evening Food and service were excellent and no more expensive than you would think .There was a wide choice of food and wine on the menu and specials board. We will be back

Reviewed 1 May 2017

My partner and I have been coming to this restaurant for over 20 years and it never fails to please. The atmosphere in traditional Italian and the food is excellent. There is a good selection of mid-range Italian wines, and the service is friendly. Our only gripe (and it is a small one) is that the restaurant is small and some of the tables are rather too close together. There is extra space on the lower ground floor so don't hesitate to ask to move if you feel encroached upon.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We booked without reading any reviews which is unlike me but we had a great time, the service was attentive, the food was simply brilliant, great value for money and full of flavour!!!

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Absolutely lovely food, I had gnocci and my boyfriend had a pizza which were both amazing. Only downside was that the place itself smells of what can only be described as dog food! The smell seemed to be coming from the grated parmesan they were using, but still very nice food.