“Wonderful welsh rarebits”

The Singing Kettle Tea House
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Alfriston
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Overlooking the enchanting village square, the singing kettle tea house idyllically looks out on village life. Inside you'll find calming contemporary farrow & ball decor with arty wall hangings and in the warmer months you can choose to sit out front and watch the world go by, or hide away in the delightfully secluded walled garden A long established tea house with a renowned reputation for fabulous innovative cakes, sweet & savoury scones and excellent customer service. But it's much more than a tearoom, for lunch you could have one of the various takes on welsh rarebit or opt for an open sandwich or toastie on hand cut bread, maybe try the delicious soup all of which is prepared and cooked for you on the premises. It's all simply lip smacking.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Tiny tea shop on the outside, tiny wonderful eatery inside! Limited but very adequate menu. This was our 5th visit in so many weeks, it's become a favouriite place for lunch when in the area. For me the Devils Rarebit with chorizo. Friendly staff, excellent real coffee, their decaffeinated Americanos are really flavoursome. Good value, good food, quirky old beamed building... love it.

2  Thank Viking_Raider

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

As we were meeting our friends who were doing the MacMillan walk we wanted to buy a sandwich and meet them at their lunch stopping place. This was the only one we could find. It is a mostly eat in cafe but they kindly closed their open sandwiches for us which made them a little thick! However, the fillings were generous and tasty and the bread soft. They were busy so there was a bit of a wait but worth it in the end.

3  Thank Plattypuss52
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for a bite to eat in this pretty village and The Singing Kettle hit the right notes. A small tearoom but nicely decorated and with very friendly staff. My wife had a rarebit and I had the scone cream tea. The rarebit was delicious and substantial. Served with a nice onion chutney. I had two fruit scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam which were fantastic. Light, tasty scones with good taste that were up there with the best I have tasted. Excellent service great food and reasonable prices. I recommend this tearoom.

3  Thank CollieB52
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

This is a nice little tea room. We're Always made to feel very welcome, the coffee is nice and we can't fault the food.

3  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed 20 August 2017

My partner and I visit most weeks and we wouldn't go anywhere else in Alfriston. Dogs are welcome inside which is a huge bonus for us walkers who come with a canine friend. All the staff are friendly and helpful and it's lovely to be recognised when we visit. Another reviewer has mentioned Joy and her amazing glasses. I wish to mention her too as she is such a friendly lady with a cheery smile. I mention her by name answer wish I knew the namesame of the other great guys there who really know their customer service. Food's great too. Throughly recommended.

5  Thank Niall812