All reviewstasting menuwine flightsecret escapessuperior roomtravelzoo dealafternoon teahomemade biscuitsseparate showerlovely hotelnext morningone night staylocal producean overnight stayamazing foodshort breakpretty townlovely garden
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed there for two evenings food was excellent, location great and good parking at the rear of the hotel. The restaurant staff were great and happy to accommodate our vegetarian requests however the check in staff member who served us was very rude about us ordering vegetarian food and told us we should have telephoned the day before to make this request not at check in for an evening meal. We only wanted a vegetarian meal- not a lot to ask for in 2016?! As you can imagine this didn't start our stay off well. It was a shame because everything else about this hotel is great. Special thank you to the restaurant staff who were very attentive.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Paul K, Owner at The Eastbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback I am so very sorry you found our receptionist to be rude. I was very disappointed to read your comments particularly as the feedback we generally receive for our staff is normally excellent.
I will certainly look into the matter and speak to the member of staff concerned. Thank you again for bringing the matter to our attention.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

We stayed in Cowslip which apparently is used as the Bridal Suite. The room was delightful, well appointed and comfortable. There were little touches that made a difference. Small issue with a request for iron+board being forgotten but resolved easily. Staff were warm, welcoming and helpful.

Room Tip: Cowslip was great
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here in the family room, was beautifully clean, very spacious, everything you needed was there.
The hotel is in a nice quiet area of Sherborne which made a difference but is close to the town centre.
Breakfast was very good with perfect service.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Went of my birthday and had a marvelous meal with my family. Very pretty restaurant with windows on their garden. The Crab starter was excellent but I didn't like the flat steak. It is ah hotel as well but I didn't look at the rooms.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a two day mid week break which included a seven course tasting menu. The Hotel has lovely staff who are helpful and friendly. The seven course tasting menu was delicious and we went for the suggested wines to accompany each course. All in all a wonderful experience, the food was delicious. We upgraded our bedroom and had a lovely, large bedroom overlooking the front of the hotel with an excellent well equipped bathroom. We had a wonderful stay here, we've come away with happy memories and can't wait to return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple