The Liston Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Bournemouth
See available hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Langtry Manor Hotel(Bournemouth)
Hinton Firs Hotel(Bournemouth)
  • Beachfront
All reviewsnational holidaysnational coachsuperior room with balconyboscombe high streetboscombe pierjust returned from a five dayfamily run hotelwalk in showerlovely hotelironing boardsmall hotelmodern bathroomsea frontcoach holidayten minute walkgreat holidayflat screen tv
Reviewed 29 October 2017

We recently stayed at The Liston Hotel for 4 nights.
We had a standard room which was clean and well maintained. Our friends were allocated a similar room next door and unfortunately it had a broken lock. We reported it and it was fixed within half an hour.
The staff were hard working and very friendly.
The food was home cooked and absolutely delicious.

Room Tip: Request one of the balcony rooms.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank daphersSouthShields
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We decided we would like to celebrate my 70th birthday and include our 51st wedding Anniversary and my husband's 71st birthday in one go.
We invited family and friend from several different areas of our lives.
Diane at The Liston helped sort out accommodation for the family and provided a fantastic buffet of hot and cold foods greatly enjoyed by all our guests. She also recommended the musician who got the measure of our guests and had most up and dancing. On the whole a great success and I would certainly recommend The Liston

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jeanniehandley
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to have my dads surprise birthday party here and I would advise you if your booking here to be cautious of a lady called Diana as we found her rude and unapproachable. Myself and my partner went to this hotel to discuss the buffet etc and we agreed a price verbally , then a week later Diana decided to change it over the phone when I called her to clarify the number of guests so always ask it to be emailed as proof. Myself and other family members popped in to pay the buffet and to count the number of tables etc and to have in mind the set up of the room and we again found Diana problematic and unapproachable when we asked her if certain things like moving tables to accommodate our guests her response was I will have to move them back ? ? She also just walked off and left us in the room and at this point myself and my family couldn't believe how rude she was and we was touch and go to whether to cancel but with one week to go we decided not to. Onto the evening we noticed the tables we asked to politely move had been so we was happy but I'm not sure what era the Liston hotel are in but when you have a disco the lights should be off and not on this ruined the night. we did ask to be lowered again and they responded but other guests had also stated it's still to light. The food was good as the guests all enjoyed but it can't be put out after 830pm unless organised before but this option was not given to us until the night so it's was to late considering my dad was arriving between 8pm and 815pm so the hot food would of been cold for the guests. The rooms are basic but clean our room didn't have a hair dryer or a iron board or a phone for emergencies if your staying alone this is basic needs for all guests. Breakfast was well served but not well cooked it seemed burnt and tasteless. Will I have have a party or stay here again the answer is strong no. I would suggest this hotel to keep a close eye on Diana's manor and approach with guests as as I stated above we nearly cancelled had it not been so close to the event.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank pottsy76
Reviewed 7 October 2017

just returned from the Liston hotel tonight Friday 6th Oct and can verify all the good reviews.The owners and staff attend to your every needs promptly and efficiently and the food is second to none.The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable.You are given a key to your room and the front door and are left alone to enjoy your hols.On the first night we reported something wrong with the bed that the last occupier failed to report and it was promptly sorted by an upgrade in another room so that the bed could be repaired.I would also like to mention keith the national holidays driver who is from Bournemouth who took us on the day trips as well as driving to Bournmouth and back to Teesside at the end of our holiday and made us feel safe with his driving,and I know that sounds funny as he is employed as a driver but there are drivers and there are drivers if you know what I mean.I would certainly recommend the liston hotel and the full staff.

Room Tip: although I haven't seen all the rooms I would bet you can see they are all ok as is the full hotel.and clean
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dennis w
Reviewed 2 October 2017

A reasonable quality hotel with good food and pleasant staff.
Our room on the second floor was adequate with clean bed linen and nice shower and toilet. We even had a balcony to lounge about on.
Meal times were at a dedicated time slot which resulted in the nicely prepared food to be served efficiently. There is a lift that carries four people.
There is parking for approx. 6 cars but the streets in the nice residential area have enough car parking space.
There is entertainment that can be hit and miss sometimes.
Will return to this place without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple