Hotel Piccadilly
Chine Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
USD 95*
USD 125*
USD 43*
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
USD 96*
USD 80*
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
USD 90*
USD 69*
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsdance weekenddance flooran updaterestaurant staffwater pressurenight porterlovely breakfastenjoyable staycar parkingballroomliftloungereceptionistensuitemattress
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel with a group from Nottingham for a dancing week. We had a twin room which was spotless, although I was not keen on carpet in the bathroom. The water was always hot when we went to use it and I would have liked to take the bed home with me as it was so comfortable. The meals were faultless especially the breakfast, with porridge and kippers available and the staff were very efficient and friendly. The downside was the lift, it was ok for us but I believe it was very difficult for other people in our party who had to use it.and for getting the suitcases to the rooms. The position of the Hotel might not be suitable for everyone because of the hill but the buses up and down are very frequent. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann_drew
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at this hotel, a two night offer with travelzoo, 10/11th Sept.2011. When booking I phoned the hotel requesting a quiet room back from the road. The original offer rooms were all taken so we did a double upgrade to a superior, an extra £10 per night. We were allocated 104 at the back. After checking in, we dropped our bags in the room, used the bathroom and headed for Bournemouth. We had noticed that the bathroom was extremely small, in fact, it has gained the distinction of the smallest bathroom we have experienced in a hotel, perhaps we have been lucky? Not only was it small but it had a sliding door 14" from the side of the 4'6" bed which in no way could be approached quietly during the night, the light was another problem. We had had a long day, a 200 miles journey, a bit of shopping, a good meal and a short walk, at 10.00hrs we decided to turn in and read our books. We had'nt really noticed it before but once we had settled down there was this continuous drone, in the quietness it was amplified and sounded like a Boeing 727 warming up. I telephone reception enquiring what it was and they denied any knowledge of it. I explained I had closed the window but the noise and the reverberation was integral, I was told it would be checked out. I learned later that it was the kitchen fan that had been left on in error. It was turned off, without explanation, at 22.30hrs. The 4'6" bed was something else it was so soft it was like sleeping on a marshmellow. I am 15+stone, my wife, bless her, is 8 stone, every time I moved I almost bounced her out of the bed. Definitely, most defininitely not a person expects from a promised superior room. If the hotel reads this, if the bed head had been configured on the opposite wall a door could be fitted to the bathroom.
The good parts were the 4 course, 4 choice meals that could not be faulted. The meals were very well presented by cheerful and courteous staff. The bar area is nice with comfortable, well spaced seating and, again courteously staffed. The reception was efficient, sort of, and again courteous.

The location whilst 1+ miles from Bournemouth was on a regular bus route and Bournemouth is certainly worth a visit. Lots of good shops, a very nice beach, we did'nt go on the pier as it was pay to enter, the one in my home town is free???. The gardens are beautifully kept with some quite exotic plants.

Room Tip: I failed miserably. I would not rule the hotel out but you need accurate information when you book.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jackhardacre
Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is a short walk from the seafront where there is a either a steep descent to the beach or else a short escalator trip. The main attractions and shopping centre are about a 10-15 stroll away.

The hotel itself is spotless and decorated in Art Deco style. Our room was somewhat cramped and the shower a mere lukewarm trickle but this was more than made up for by the outstanding food and service. Our main reason for staying at the hotel was to enjoy a weekend of dancing hosted by Sue Cooper, which was excellent value and very enjoyable indeed. The banquet on Saturday night was exceptional as was the standard of dancing tuition.

We have booked to return in September 2012 although have requested a room facing the rear of the hotel as the road at the front is very noisy, even at night, and made it impossible to have the window open. You get what you pay for and the hotel is excellent value for the price so can accept the slight disadvantages.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Warpfactor10
Reviewed 2 September 2011

My wife and I went for a 3 night break over the bank holiday weekend to Hotel Piccadilly. First impressions were poor as we checked in and the receptionist was incredibly rude, didn't even tell us where our room was or when breakfast was, and then didn't offer any help with the bags.

The room was a double but very small with only just enough space at either side of the bed to walk down. Room got very hot at night but when the window was opened the traffic noise was too loud. So we were stuck in a catch 22. The bath was dirty when we arrived with hairs in at and the bathroom carpet was mouldy on the edges.

The food at meals was pretty poor. The food was bland and concentrated more on larger portions than quality. One night my wife had pasta with blue cheese and spinach, which basically consisted of some over cooked watery pasta and some oil drizzled on top. We sent it back and got something else. Service was alright but a bit abrupt at times. Plus the restaurant seemed to shut about 7:30pm for some strange reason.

Overall the hotel caters alright to its older dancing clientele but didn't really seem to care about younger guests like ourselves. Wouldn't go back at all, there's lots of other better places to stay in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank spj102
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Just stayed two nights at Piccadily Hotel.
It looks like it has just recently been decorated so it has a real nice clean feel about the rooms.
Dinner and Breakfast included in price and quality of food was superb. Cannot find any fault at all. Try the roast lamb. Melts in your mouth
Service great, location near to town and beach.
Only downside is a small car park which tended to be really busy but apart from that, well worth the money. Big thumbs up

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family