See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Really happy with how helpful and friendly staff and owner is. Clean an tidy and everything you need. Would recomend ! Defiantly doing good for familys that are in need of privacy and a friendly atmosphere!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Georgieb93
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

It's a cheap hotel and at the of the day it's a place to lay head at the end of the night.
The staff there are lovely I would definitely stay here again. We looked at others and they were charging ridiculous prices.
Thank you for your hospitality.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Stephen N
Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

The worst place I have ever stayed, miss matched furniture, broken showers, filthy carpets and a stench of squalor.

The sort of establishment you walk into, then discreetly and frantically try to search for a nearby hotel (to no avail)

All in all this place is just appalling, the landlord tried to tell us he has got a "reputation to keep". Not sure if that reputation is "Worst hotel in England"

If you stay here, remember to wipe your feet on the way out, wouldn't want to dirty the pavement.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank ImSoFresh
hash1161, Owner at Lloyds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Well I was expecting this one....
This person was showed 3 rooms and didn't like any of them .
I offered him a refund because i knew no matter what I was going to offer he wasn't going to be happy but all his friends were all happy.

Maybe he didn't like the fact that my night porters threatened to call the police around 04.30 and have the whole group evicted if he and his friends didn't stop running , dancing and making so much noise all the other guests complained.

Though the main person kept apologising the next day and on the day of departure I must say that This is the type of group hotels dread

Reviewed 28 June 2015

I dont even know where to start. Firstly there is people living in this accomodation as its used as a council emergency accomodation point. Which means lots of families & children.
The noise at night makes it nigh on impossible to sleep, due to door banging, people running up and down stairs and the sound of water pipes in the room. They allow stag and hens dos to make noise up till early hours of the morning like 3-4-5am even though there is children and small babies in the building.
The cleanliness..what cleanlieness? Look underneath the bed and there is a collection of dirt, rubbish and god knows what. The ensuites are disgusting and barely functional, falling off the walls etc. The water is so dirty coming from the taps that it stinks, and when you have a shower it feels like you havent washed your hair properly because the water is so oily.

The owner thinks hes something special, a hard man and what not, but hes about 4 foot nothing and nothing but mouth, and the manager well shes just as useless.

I would rather sleep in my car for a week than spend 1 night in this hotel again, it is absolutely horrendous.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Ann-MarieZJB
hash1161, Owner at Lloyds Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2015

I am very sorry to hear that this couple were not happy .
Yes we do House and help out families sometimes when they are stranded and I am proud to help. ( Not many people help when you are down )
Yes there was a stag party but there was also 2 night porters who say there wasn't any noise except for the guests coming back late and that was minimum.
I would have really liked to have been told of the dirt under the bed as this means my chamber persons are not doing their job properly.
AS for every thing else I am sorry but I don't know what you're talking about and I wish you had approached me there and than as i can't believe your views but maybe me being 4feet something was intimidating.

Its a real shame you didn't tell me who you are so I can deal with this review properly and offer you a refund . I never want any guest to be unhappy.

Reviewed 11 June 2015 via mobile

Came for a stag weekend and it was good for a group of boys. Nice friendly staff, the manager even went to find a key which I lost saving me fifty quid! rooms we're fine for the money we paid. Showers were a bit feeble but did the job. No problems with the cleanliness. Bars open 24 hrs and always very welcoming.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends

hello

I am glad you enjoyed your stay , it was a pleasure having you staying here.
I wish I knew which room you were in so i can take a look at the shower.