“in need of some tidying up”

Koh Thai Bournemouth
Ranked #62 of 825 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: USD 23 - USD 47
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Koh Thai Tapas offers innovative yet classic Thai cuisine of the highest calibre. The combined vision of three intrepid foodies; Koh really encapsulates the authenticity of Thai cooking with the European ideals of relaxed dinning and the tantalising option to sample a little of everything. Our flagship restaurant in Bournemouth with 150 cover restaurant and 150 cover bar. Perfect for any occasion.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

when it comes to decent Thai food, outside of Thailand, Koh Thai tapas is actually pretty good despite not being particularly authentic in some ways. the crispy beef (not the most genuinely thai dish on the menu) was fantastic and most other dishes tasted very good. they had chang beer which takes me back to Thailand immediately too which was a bonus.

the only issues were minor but need addressing. the toilets were an absolute state and there was very little soap in there, the next time I went in someone had just poured some water into the soap dispenser to make it last longer rather than replace it with a new full one. the staff were friendly and attentive but had little knowledge of thai food when I asked about certain dishes.

all in all, good food with an ok experience and price wise it won't break the bank.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We've been here several times and it's always been a great experience whether groups of just as a couple. Last night was no exception, food was yummy, our waitress was lovely and friendly and even secured me the bottle cap from my Lucky Buddha for my FIL's collection! Food was served piping hot and beer ice cold just as it should be! This won't be our last visit, my only niggle would be the table not being totally wiped prior to us being seated, but I am picky! It's always busy in here, which to me is a good sign! Just wish you could book online as it's hard to get a table sometimes and I can't always get to a phone during the daytime! Thank you for another good night! We will certainly be returning again and again.

KohCustomerService, Guest Relations Manager at Koh Thai Bournemouth, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Hi Laura G,

Thank-you for your lovely review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit. Watch this space for online booking coming soon!

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

This was a joint birthday/engagement celebration for my sister, who loves Koh Thai.
With Koh Thai you know you're going to get good quality food with friendly service, so it's a safe bet!
Two of us had the tasting menu, which is a good way of sampling dishes you might not normally try - all were delicious. The other two stuck to starters and mains and were also happy with the food.
Service was swift despite it being a very busy night and the staff were happy to bring out a birthday cake for my sister, which is always a nice touch.
Overall we had a great night but I would say drinks are a bit too expensive. The bill for 4 came to £186 inc service. We live in London and still find that pretty steep! But it's worth it for a special occasion.

Hi AnnaTabs,

Thank-you for your kind review!

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your special occasion at Koh Thai Bournemouth and do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

We had a take out a few months back (ordered from the bar) and they forgot t give us our food which we weren't happy about (not cheap) BUT they gave us a free £30 voucher so we went back and had a much better experience eating in!

Food is very good! Had better but had much much worse too!

1  Thank Mikeyy S

Hi MikeyyS,

Thank-you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your restaurant experience and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

Food came out cold in middle and did not seemed to be cooked properly. Table not wiped properly from previous people. But staff were polite and made you feel welcome.

Hi arranson,

Thank-you for taking the time to write us a review.
I have passed your comments regarding the food on to our executive chefs to ensure our teams are following the recipes correctly and quality is of the highest standard at all times.

We do try to resolve any issues that occur as soon as we are aware of them, so in future I would encourage you to let your server know if there is anything you'd like to mention during your meal.

We hope to see you again.
Kind Regards,