“Excellent staff”

Carrington House Hotel
Ranked #61 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Yes the room was a bit warm, not overly warm, but then my wife and I were there during the hottest May days on record. I requested a fan which was delivered to our room. Although to be honest it was only needed due to my disabled needs. It would have been warm sleeping in the garden. Yes the lift was slow but it was faster than using the stairs. Yes the decor was a bit tired but it was spotless.
We had a very spacious room with everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were friendly, gracious and went out of their way to help me and my needs. We had a bargain using a KGB voucher. If I was paying full price then I may have been dissapointed.
For able bodied persons the location is perfect. We find it very quit and relaxing.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff that made my stay even better.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Magic-IanRoy
There are newer reviews for Carrington House Hotel

Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here over the Jubilee weekend. We paid £99 for 2 nights including breakfast using a voucher website .

After reading mixed reviews on this hotel I thought I would write one that's constructive .

The hotel is set in a quiet area mixture of hotels and guest houses . It seems a nice area. The hotel looks tired and worn needs updating.

There is 85 parking spaces around hot but on first night we had to park on main road so did others so this didn't bother us too much. Rest of weekend we were fortuanate to get spaces around the hotel.
The hotel is quite big so would think there be more spaces, but then again when it was built not everyone had cars.

The receptionist on checkin and check in out was friendly and all the staff were. The staff at breakfast were polite and friendy. Good staff keep up good work.

The public areas and rooms are dated . We were allocated 260 which had 2 single beds pushed together and 2 bunk beds. The furniture is dated, the sheets on bed didnt fit mattress . However i did have a comfortable nights sleep

The water was nice and hot in the shower and whb.
The only draw back in bathroom the toilet takes ages to fill and the complimentary toiletries were big bottles that staff would replinsh instead on small ones.
The room was basic but clean.
The rooms can get over heated, there was a fan in the room.

There was a sign on the lift saying watch for step it had been reported but still safe to use. We opted for the stairwell

We didn't use the swimming pool or drink in bar area so cannot comment on these area

Going for breakfast was manic it appeared all guests came down at same time. There was cereals, fruits, crossiants and limited yoghurts. The toast machine was being operated by a member of staff. It would have been quicker for customers to do this themselves. There was full english was self serve but being served by staff. The queue was lengthy but went down quickly. There was sausages, bacon, mushrooms, fried or scrambled eggs, beans and tomatoes . You could say whether you wanted how much or how little food quantity . I asked for one piece of bacon and the member of staff said "only 1", I did have 2 sausages, eggs mushrooms and beans, The food was piping hot.

All the staff were busying replenishing food, cleaning tables. Couldn't fault it food wise.

We are in our early 30s and there were a mixture of clients from families, couples. Mature adults. Over 60s.

Would I go back again, yes for 47 per room a night and for breakfast and because of the staff. wouldn't return for more than this cos it's a little tired and dated.

Hopefully now that forest dale taken over since 2010 they will start modernising the hotel and it would be worth paying slightly extra for rooms

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank timike30
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Stayed on Friday 25th and Saturday 26th May 2012 we enjoyed a very spacious double room with a large bathroom even though we had only paid £99 using a KGB voucher!
The Hotel staff were friendly but unsure what they had that was gluten / wheat free even though I had called in advance to make sure they could offer gluten free alternatives. In the end only bread was available - nothing else.
Good sized swimming pool was a welcome facility during one of the years warmest weekends.The Hotel is a good 20 minute walk away from Bournmouth town centre and beach and 10 minutes or so from Boscombe beach ( through the park )both beaches are really good and clean.
All in all we would recommend the Hotel but not for offering coeliac friendly menu's.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have A/C units
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PHIL S
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Rooms were very large, clean and nicely done. Beds were lovely to sleep on. Staff were young and worked hard at looking after everyone. We found the rooms a bit hot, overheated

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AussieBreeze
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I have just returned from a coach holiday staying at the above hotel, which is part of the Forest Hotel group. It is quite a large building split into different wings. The wing we were in consisted of 145 en suite rooms, my room had a double bed in it, a nice sized en suite with bath and shower.
The room was tastefully furnished and there was a door out to a small balcony.
The hotel was very busy with there being 4 coach parties there at times but organisation was well thought out as meal times were staggered, and staff were very efficient at their jobs.
There were areas where things needed updating such as some of the seating in the lounge area as some of the chairs were quite worn and tatty but I found no other things that needed to be done and this did not affect the holiday, there was a nice sized swimming pool which was open all day until late evening.
the hotel was also being used as an exam facility for the university students so at times the place seemed very crowded but can understand that the hotel needs to make use of all the room it has especially in these times when they are having to take in trade to pay wages and overheads.
I would certainly visit this hotel again

Room Tip: Lift to all floors although some stairs to some rooms and long corridors but there are rooms without...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends