“Very Ill.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I don't EVER leave bad reviews. This place really deserves it.
I do believe they are kind, and the service is of good quality. My only issue is the fact that both my partner and myself became very ill after eating here.

There is nothing else it could have been. My other half was violently sick for an entire day afterwards, and I don't really want to mention what happened to me!!!

The food didn't taste bad by any means, it wasn't the best quality though either.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

lovely food,good price,we were made very welcome with our 3 children,we appreciated the waitress telling us about the fireworks in the town so we didnt miss them,will go again

Reviewed 6 October 2013

This used to be the only eat all you want chinese in town, and it was very good. With all food cooked to order instead of in troughs like some places. But it has had the same menu for as long as i can remember. (I moved to bournemouth in 1992 and i think it may have been here all that time)
Its time they upped there game as they now have big competition just down the road, and as not everyone likes trough food to offer this service with freshly cooked food should work in there favour. But it needs to be better.

1  Thank LilyDefa
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We have been dining here and recommended this restaurant for over twenty years, even when it was the Imperial restaurant. We booked a two large tables here last night. Firstly, the decor and carpets are looking tired and shabby. The place was full and the system was "creaking". I don't think they could cope with bringing all dishes together for the party. It was slowly appearing in drips and drabs, some not appearing at all and having to be re-ordered. The food was not up to it's usual high standard with many guests commenting that the sauces were very salty. I hope the Fountain's management can get their standards of service back to how they were. Maybe a small groups are more acceptable and easy to manage. As for the decor, there is no excuse why this can't be up to standard, The place is nearly always full and finances must be healthy. Overall, still good, but could be much better.

1  Thank Johnnyfastgun
Reviewed 30 June 2013

went to this restaurant today for lunch (29th june 2013) with my wife, why oh why did we bother what an appalling meal which has left us feeling ill and ripped off.
the menu was extremely limited compared to the evening menu, the restaurant was empty apart from a waiter and a waitress they were nice enough but being rushed to finish our meal was off putting as they closed at 2 and we arrived at 1230. the appetisers were ok nothing special all deep fried which butchered any flavour that there may have been we asked if it was possibke to have salt and pepper squid with the appetisers which was approved we were not told about the additional charge though which was underhanded, the duck was not crispy but beyond tough it was in fact more like pork masquerading as duck, the mains came the egg fried rice was burnt the chicken and cashew nuts was rancid the chicken was clearly cooked from frozen as it was bitty and rubber, the sweet and sour chicken was cold the only thing that was any good was the shredded chilli beef which was warm not hot,
I can say that my wife and I will not be returning do yourselves a favour take a 2 minute drive down the road to winton and visit the dragon inn (opposite the Tesco express) all you can eat 100x better and you wont be ripped off for drinks.
hope this review has been helpful

2  Thank alexf k