“Hospitality at its best”

New Westcliff Hotel
Ranked #49 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Hospitality at its best”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I have made my annual pilgrimage to Bournemouth the month before christmas for the last ten years and for a change this year I decided to try the New West Cliff on the recommendation of a friend that had stayed in October, just after the new owner had taken over.
When we arrived the first impressions were encouraging as the greeting was warm and welcoming. The room was immaculatley clean and very well furnished and the swimming pool so much better than we have experienced at other hotels we have stayed at locally. We had booked a package to include meals and I am so glad we did. The food was beautiful and you could tell the kitchen staff took a real pride in their work as it was presented so well.
I cannot thank my friend enough for the recommendation and I will definitly be back in the New Year to enjoy another weekend at the New West Cliff.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Fiona G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Booked to stay at the New Westcliff Hotel after seeing their offer on the Saturday Mail. Phoned the hotel and made the booking and was very pleased with the polite gentlemen that took the booking and our request as I am a gluten free customer which sometimes it can cause problems when going on holiday but was assured this wasn't an issue. A couple of days later received my confirmation letter and decided to come on trip advisor to find out what reviews the hotel had and was very chocked to read some of them and made me nervous about my future booking. Anyway I have now just came back from what I can say a true fantastic holiday where I will for sure be back soon. On arrival at the hotel we were welcomed by a nice young chat who was talking to us as if he had known us for years which made us feel very comfortable as he also new that I had a gluten free diet without me mentioning it first which in my experience it hardly happens. Went down for dinner on the first night and WOW ... AMAZING dinner my husband and I had a fantastic meal every night, better than what we have experienced in 4 and 5 star hotels before. I always had a gluten free soup prepared for me and a gluten free sauce to go with my main meal. All the staffs were excellent from the moment we checked in to the moment we departed, nothing was ever too much for them. The entertainment was really good and the facilities where excellent. Talking to a lot of the guests at the hotel some come down 3 or more times a year and now I truly believe that we are going to be one of those customers as what you get at the New Westcliff Hotel is a amazing experience of having a fantastic holiday with the comforts of your own home.
Thank you all for giving us an amazing holiday and can’t wait till February when we are back.

4 Thank Bath186370
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The hotel staff good food very good presention of food very good hotel clean staff friendly and helpful a credit to your staff

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Norfolklad11
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Tiny rooms, rockhard beds, useless shower, awfull breakfast this is the worst hotel that i have
ever stayed in bournemouth over the last 30yrs. dread to think what the old one was like

Room Tip: bring your own mattress
4 Thank Marian S
Oxford
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We returned to this hotel after a 12 year or so gap and were a bit disappointed. It has been refurbished and it was very clean. The staff we encountered were very nice but if you want a lazy lie in then forget it as the 2 chambermaids discuss their rooms and have a good moan about them in the corridor about 8.00am and they shout it at each other so all guests on that floor can't help but hear them. The food was ok not anything to shout about and for what we paid for our 2 night stay we were not expceting too much. The food was alot better when we stayed here several times before. I can't see us rushing back. The pool area was nice but the tiles in the pool above the water line could do with a good clean.

Room Tip: We chose a superior room and wondered what the standard room would be like as the room was quite sma...
1 Thank Laine29