“Downview farm a fantastic place to stay.”

Review of Downview Farm

The Conservatory / Games Room
Dinning Room
Red Room
Family Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 44 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
TaniaT196...
“Downview farm a fantastic place to stay.”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Great week at Downview farm with all the family celebrating my parents Golden wedding anniversary. Great house and grounds. The pool and hot tub are great. Central location to explore Dorset. Will definitely consider a return visit. Thanks Lucy and Matt.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
9 Aug 2016
Tania it was a Pleasure for us to be able to Make your Parents Stay a special one .
So Glad you all enjoyed it .
Look forward to your next visit with us.
Lucy and Matt
Craig83ev...
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Just got back from a 4 night stay!! Wow!!! What a lovely house and indoor pool. The weather made the experience a whole lot better, as we could enjoy the huge garden and surroundings. 5 star all round.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
1 Aug 2016
Many thanks to you and your lovely Family Craig .
It was a pleasure to have you all to stay .
Regards Lucy and Matt
Ms M
Aldershot, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place; Customer Service Could be Improved”
Reviewed 3 June 2016 for a stay in March 2015
people found this review helpful

I stayed here in March 2015 as part of a hen weekend - it is a lovely place, very well-equipped and we all had a great time. It was someone else within my group who made the booking, and as far as I am aware, they had no problems and received the deposit back on time and in full.

I would have given the lodge 5 stars, however . . .

Having enjoyed my stay here, I had hoped to book again with a much larger group, for both Downview Farm and the neighbouring Houghton Lodge (both owned by the same people). Having trawled through the availability calendars on both website and eventually finding a weekend on which they were both supposedly available, I contacted the owner by email only to be told that they were fully-booked for approximately the next 6 months, which contradicts what was on the website. I appreciate that it can be difficult to keep this information up-to-date, but here's my main issue: I then emailed back to say that I was interested in the next set of dates that they confirmed that both lodges were available and wanted to know the cost - this was back in May last year, and THEY NEVER REPLIED. In the end, I gave up and booked a weekend in Brighton instead. The fact that other reviewers have made negative comments about the customer service skills of the lodge owners suggest that there is room for improvement here. Ideally, I would have given this three-and-a-half stars - based on my experience of trying (unsuccessfully) to book, I'm being very generous by giving it four.

Travelling group: Friends
Hello
I am very sorry to hear this .
I have looked through my e-mails as I do keep them all .
I have no record of the second request you say you made to us ?
We did have a week or 2 where the cables were being dug up in our little Village and there were a few casualties because of this .
I apologise if you were one of them .
We aim to reply to all our mail on a dailyb basis.
16jezza
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Didn't want to leave! ”
Reviewed 26 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Fourteen of us have just come back from my sisters hen weekend. We stayed in Downview Farm but there is a secondary house next door (Houghton Lodge) None of us wanted to come back! It is set in a beautiful and quiet village which makes for a very relaxing atmosphere.

Everything within the house has been finished off perfectly with each room having its own unique style. All were really clean and comfortable. Great bathrooms with several rooms having an ensuite. The swimming pool and hot tub were fantastic and in good clean conditions. The outside area was a great little sun trap with ample outdoor seating and tables. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather which made it even more enjoyable. This is the perfect venue if you are happy to spend your whole time at the house rather then go out to clubs for a hen weekend as it isn't very close to anywhere which was perfect for us.

Lucy and Matt were very helpful and lovely and told us everything we needed to know.

I can not praise this venue enough! Everyone left trying to work out what occasion we can celebrate next in order to come back! Have recommended it to everyone and can not wait to return.

It was our Pleasure .
Lucy and Matt
Mandy N
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The most stunning house in the most idyllic setting have booked again in September.”
Reviewed 10 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015

I stayed here with the girls for a long weekend Lucy was so helpful she had organised manicures, pedicures, massages, facials it was amazing. The hot tub and pool were wonderful the rooms clean the house is simply stunning I did not want to give the keys back.
I have booked for later in the year because I was so thrilled with my mini break and thought I deserved another. I have also commended Downview Farm to my friends as well. If your just looking for a chilled weekend in a beautiful setting look no further you will not be disappointed.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing