“So expensive burger but SO CHEAP DECORATION”
Review of Handmade Burger Co

Handmade Burger Co
Ranked #326 of 819 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Description: Our burgers are handmade from scratch HERE everyday, using traditionally reared 100% prime Scotch beef, mixed together with a selection of fresh ingredients & seasonings before being flame grilled to order. Our fresh cut chips are made from farm fresh potatoes, peeled & cut before being double fried to make them fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Our menu boasts over 40 burgers! A great selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free burgers, deliciously decadent desserts and shakes. Our sides include handmade coleslaw, onion rings, sweet potato fries, chicken wings and halloumi bites! Make sure to try our Premium fresh cut chips - Denver, Cheesy & Mexican. Halal chicken is available upon request.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Nicely presented burgers but taste is given with all extra fillings that you miss the taste of burger, avarege price £8 (only burger all others extra) chips £3 plain but more options extra. No value for money that you would enjoy the taste, by the way decoration is so simple and cheap also so dark that you feel like it’s night...
Only girls serving and they are trying their best to help you but needs more training to learn about VAT receipt that is not given unless you ask????

Nikki J, Public Relations Manager at Handmade Burger Co, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello There,

Thanks for leaving your feedback, we really do appreciate it. I have forwarded your comments onto the menu team so that they can work on the issues raised here.

We will speak with the restaurant team and make sure that everyone is up to date on how to use the card machines so that they are able to give VAT receipts when required.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visited Handmade quite a few times and every visit is just as good as the last. Amazing burgers and great customer service! The new milkshake Marathon is to die for - will always recommend this restaurant

Hello Amber,

Thanks for the feedback, we're really pleased to hear that you love the new items as much as us!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My gorgeous SO took us here for my mother’s day lunch. It was great service all round, smiles galore. My two year old son was all over the place and I found the typical crayons and colouring sheets xweren’t working for him that day but we still managed to get our burgers down us before a toddler down. Burgers were delicious, I asked for a brioche bun but was told they didn’t use them, shame really. I also chose to add avocado to my burger but in hindsight if I’d have known how pureed it would be I’d have left it out anyway the sides were tasty but sauces weren’t authentic felt shop bought (I hope I’m wrong). Overall it was a nice treat, mother’s ate absolutely free that day but my SO forgot and offered the change from a £50 as a tip! We didn’t correct the waitress it was a nice way to end the day. Drinks: They do an amazing cocktail deal but my capriovska was quite diluted far too much ice, next time I’ll request the ice separately.

Callum T, General Manager at Handmade Burger Co, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Hi Isabella

Thanks for the great review! Sorry that we don't do brioche buns but hopefully you still enjoyed our buttermilk ones. If customers prefer we can always try and make sure it is chunkier but this is something that we would have to consider for the future. Our sauces are definitely not shop bought and we contribute towards the recipes. With a few exceptions including the ketchup which is of course Heinz. I am confused about the cocktail as we don't sell Caipiroska and haven't for a few months. I assume it was a Mojito which are usually amazing with crushed ice and traditionally Mojitos are full to the top with ice. Always feel free to come back for the great 2-4-1 deal and try the others!

Sorry that you missed out on the Mother's Day promotion but we do other deals that I am sure you can come back and sample.

See you again soon

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We recently visited here for a late lunch on a Sunday. When we arrived, a member of staff showed us to the nearest table, put a couple of menus down and walked off. We weren't asked if we'd like any drinks, or informed that somebody would be over soon. So after being deserted for about 5-10 minutes, my partner needed to beckon one of the waitresses that were standing behind the bar talking to ask for some drinks.
If it runs an 'order at the bar' system, I feel we should have been told this when we were seated.
Despite this unpleasant customer experience, the food was absolutely amazing. Perfect sized burgers, perfectly cooked, and a nice touch that you can select which seasoning you'd like on your fries. Good selection of ales and wines aswell. This 4 star rating is purely based on the food.
When we asked to pay the bill, we were greeted by a much more pleasant member of staff. However, I feel suspicious when you are suddenly showed attentive service when it comes to paying.
In all, if you're looking for a decent burger in town, I'd recommend this place for sure. Just don't expect service with a smile.

Hi ajt28

Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. Firstly, let me apologise for the poor customer service you received, we pride ourselves on great service as well as food. I am happy knowing however that you thoroughly enjoyed the food. Staff always try to ensure they give their full attention to the customers and don't let them feel deserted.

If you have the time would you be able to give me more details of your experience by emailing me at bournemouth@handmadeburger.co.uk

Hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My sever was Callum who was absolutely generous, when my partner and I had received my Mexican burger and Hawaiian burger it was incredible, food couldn’t have been better. 5/5

Hello Adam,

Thanks for the feedback, we really do appreciate it!