1,727 results
All reviews car park air con thyme restaurant meal deal parking space street parking limited parking town centre family room per day bus stop excellent stay good nights sleep min walk budget hotel night's sleep west cliff
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Standard Premier Inn hotel and as such you know what you get. Good sized rooms and fairly good location. 20 minutes to walk into Bournemouth itself and about 15 minutes to Westbourne (where there are good restaurants, etc.). The hotel is on several bus routes so easy to get about. One bugbear is the parking. With about 170 rooms, parking is charged (£5 per day) with no guarantee that when you return from a day out you will have a space. To give the hotel credit, they do point out where free, very local, places are.
We had no problems with the parking, room, dinner, breakfast and so on and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Be aware that some rooms are a long walk from (or to) the lifts. Unlike some new Premier Inns, the windows here open.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
PI_Bournemouth, FOH Team Member at Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear InezB,

We are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that all staff members where helpful. Due to the car park not belonging to the Premier Inn; the £5 fee is enforced by LPS who manage the car park, the fee then pays for an attendant to be present in the evening and the barrier system.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Bournemouth Westcliff Premier Inn in the future.

Glenda

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our over all stay was very good, the staff friendly and happy to help. The room was a good size and location of the hotle was close walking distance to town and beach easy access for good walkers ruffle 20 minutes walk. The only down full was price of parking witch I have already mentioned should be a set price for paying room customers though out there stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Dear marielevy41,

Thank you for staying at Bournemouth Westcliff Premier Inn and for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you found your stay to be good and enjoyable; including the kind comments about the staff members, and the location of the hotel suited your needs.
We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our car parking arrangement, the £5 fee is regrettable, however, this is the case with majority of hotels in Bournemouth, particularly ones that are more central such as ourselves. Our car parking is managed by LPS, the £5 fee pays for an attendant to be present in the evening and our barrier system.
We hope that this one-off experience doesn’t taint your view of Premier Inn and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to Bournemouth.

Glenda

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel did not get my room cleaned for 2 days really bad and all so brackefast was really bad in mornings low on hot food was not any think there really bad stay apart from that it was ok I guess

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Luke.

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear your room wasn't cleaned for 2 days and you didn't enjoy your breakfast. Our housekeeping team do a light service everyday and change the bedding every 4th day of your stay. We will pass on your comments to the hotel manager they can advise the head of housekeeping.

I'm glad you were satisfied with the rest of your stay and i hope we can welcome you back and get everything right for you.

Thanks,

Josh

Reviewed 6 September 2018

A business stay was booked on my behalf for 4 nights. As I was busy on my planned arrival night, I went to check in early on the morning of day 2 to be told my whole booking had been cancelled. The hotel had no other rooms and could not help me find alternative accommodation. The room was fully prepaid. The receptionist referred me to their "Terms" which since I didn't make my own booking was not very helpful. Eventually I obtained a call centre number to seek help and had to explain the whole story over again. The call centre staff member did persuade this hotel to seek a room in another local Premier Inn and let me know during the afternoon that this had happened. However this was at a far less convenient out of town location on an industrial estate with no local facilities for dining etc. where the room rate would have been markedly lower than the hotel I was due to be in.
Clearly I will be avoiding this faceless chain where no one wanted to help, if there is any alternative!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank J C
PI_Bournemouth, Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear JC,

I am sorry you were disappointed by our policy of cancelling rooms of non-arrivals at the hotel.

If guests do not arrive at the hotel on their stated reservation date, our policy is to release their reservation. This is part of a company wide safety and security policy. If there were to be an evacuation of the building due to a fire or security incident, we are required to provide the emergency services with an accurate and up to date guest list of persons present in the hotel. This would not be the case if you are checked into the hotel without actually arriving.

In light of recent national events where large scale evacuations have taken place only for the emergency services to be unsure of the number of occupants in the building, this policy is largely common place throughout hospitality establishments.

It would be strongly recommended to call ahead and tell the hotel that you would be unable to arrive and we would move the booking to the following day.

Having checked your reservation, I can see that the remaining nights of your reservation were refunded when you didn't arrive at the hotel on your expected arrival date.

Sorry for any disappointment caused.

Kind regards,

Mark Perkins
Operations Manager
opsmgr.bournemouthwestcliffe@whitbread.com

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Enjoyed a nice stay at the Bournemouth Premier Inn, the staff are all very friendly, especially the staff that work in the restaurant. I have been to this site many times and it is always a pleasure to stay here.Walk to the town / beach is a 20 - 25 minutes or 5 minutes by bus.The rooms are clean and the food on offer is very good.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
PI_Bournemouth, FOH Team Member at Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Badjjl,

We wish to thank you for your kind words given with this review for the Premier Inn West Cliff, especially the praise for our staff members. We are also glad to read that the rooms and food whilst staying met your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future to the Premier Inn West Cliff.

Glenda Sampson