“Weekend in Bournemouth visiting Tankfest”

Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel
Ranked #20 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Our stay at Westcliff Premier Inn was lovely! It was a short walk from the beach and Bournemouth Centre, with Co-op and local shops a few minutes down the road.

They are hospitable and helpful. Nothing was too much. We rang to reception numerous times for extra towels and an ironing board which they were more then happy to provide.

As always beds and room was comfortable especially with an air con system for summer evenings. Highly recommend!

We were visiting Bovington Tankfest on the Saturday which was a 30 minute drive. Stones through away from Poole and Boscombe.

Room Tip: If the car park is full, ask reception where FREE parking is! It's not far at all
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
PI_Bournemouth, Receptionist at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Hi ellisfp,

Thank you for your feedback with reagrds to your recent stay with us. It's wonderful to read you had a great stay with us and you found the staff helpful, nothing is ever too much trouble for us so feel free to ask away!
We're happy to see that the location suited your visit well and were able to make the most of your time here!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel

Reviewed 24 June 2017

We had two 4th floor rooms and they were each equipped with a drinks making area. Buffet lovely. Very relaxing. Me and my family will becoming here again!!! We stayed for a wedding. Our rooms were cleaned lovingly every day and they respected the kids toys!

Stayed: April 2017

Hi oliverpearce65,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're delighted to read you had such an lovely time with us and will be returning!
We're happy to read all aspects of your stay were enjoyable!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

Hotel situated in a good location, close to beaches & local public transport. Friendly & helpful staff; room clean, well prepared & serviced daily. Difficult to comment adversely, all round excellent value.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Hi Stephan J,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Bournemouth Westcliff. It's great to read you had an enjoyable experience with us finding it excellent value for money; from the clean rooms, to friendly staff & helpful staff.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Fantastic staff friendly ,helpful,and very professional. Really enjoyed my stay with my daughter.Room was spotless and very quiet .Had the best night sleep for a long time!.
Food in restaurant was promptly served, and delicious.I cannot wait to stay with you again.!!Many thanks for a wonderful stay !!!!!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Shona M

Hi Shona M,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Bournemouth Westcliff. It's wonderful to read you had an fantastic stay with us. Getting a great nights sleep and enjoying the food and service in our restaurant.

We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Stayed alongside parents who stayed in another room on another floor. We visited for a funeral and booked last minute.
Arriving at circa 2am after a 7 hour drive, we managed to finally park and get our things into the hotel. There was no parking available so we sorted parking on a nearby street.

My room was small and there was a drainage smell in the bathroom. As i was so tired I closed the door and got to bed for five hours or so.

The next morning, after a night of barely any sleep due to the air con unit (temperature was up and down rather than constant and I am 9 months pregnant!)we popped to town for flowers for the funeral.

My parents told me they had come to their room the night before to a blocked toilet but as it was so late they waited until morning to tell the staff. I thought this was pretty unfortunate. However, upon returning to my room there was a horrendous smell.

Upon investigation, there was a now blocked toilet in my room with only what can be described as a sewage build up from the pipes from around twenty people. The water had risen to the rim and this monstrosity was just... there!

Apologising for having to be crude and descriptive, I called the reception for the staff member to tell me to not worry. I then advised her I had not actually used the toilet as she seemed to believe I had blocked the toilet. There was no apology but she offered to send an engineer round.
Seen as I needed to leave the hotel in 40 minutes I declined because I did not fancy getting naked and trying ro dress and shower with two strangers in my room messing around with poop!

For two rooms to both have similar problems on the same stay would indicate there is a problem with the plumbing and as a result, I felt I would have felt cleaner and more rested sleeping in the boot of my car!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kitkat86
PI_Bournemouth, Manager at Premier Inn Bournemouth Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear kitkat86,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to learn of the issue you had in both yours and your parent’s bathroom. We're not aware of any drainage issues that have occurred in the hotel recently and I'm not aware of any other guests reporting this problem.

I can only apologise that this caused you some disturbance. We do not have a waste tank on-site, therefore each toilet will run into the main sewage system that runs under all buildings in the local area. If this was blocked this would likely affect all toilets in the building, therefore I'm unsure as to what the source of the problem would have been in this instance.

I hope that despite this incident, we can welcome you again when you're next in the local area.

Kind Regards