“Fantastic Meal”
Review of La Strada Restaurant - CLOSED

La Strada Restaurant
Price range: USD 19 - USD 44
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: La Strada Italian Restaurant located in Bournemouth near Poole, traditional Italian cuisine dishes, one of many Dorset residents and visitors favourite dining restaurants, very near Bournemouth Beach.
Reviewed 5 June 2017

What a lovely meal we had here, we didnt book a table but thought we would just take a wander down on the offchance that they could fit us in and they could! We both had starter and mains - Starters were - Scallops with pancetta and onions in a tomato sauce which were cooked to perfection and really meaty and my partner had king prawns in a garlic butter which he said were realy nice although didnt realise they were shell on when he ordered them and didnt really enjoy taking the shells off. Then for mains we both had fillet steak - one with Brandy sauce and one with dolcelatte sauce. Both absolutely lovely and cooked exactly how we asked for them! The staff were very friendly and came over a couple of times to enusre that we were enjoying our food. All in all a really lovely evening and definitely ill be going back next time we are in Bournemouth!

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

This was our second trip to Bournemouth in the last 7 weeks. And after eating at a couple of places and having a disappointing meal elsewhere the night before. We were walking into town on the Saturday morning and we noticed this restaurant so I called there and then and booked a table. On arrival we were shown to our table and given time to sit and read the menu before being asked if we would like drinks, we were given our drinks and a few minutes later our food order was taken. What an experience it was, the food was amazing and plentiful we had a calamari starter followed by Fettuccini Alla Capesante " Fettuccini with garlic, prawns, scallops, in white wine, tomato and fresh cream sauce" I had a little taste and it was delicious. My main was Pollo Alla Pepperonata " Breast of chicken cooked with peppers, onions, olives, garlic, white wine and finished with Napoli sauce" what a treat for the taste buds. Then onto the desserts We had Chocolate brownie and I had Tirimisu. The staff were very friendly and the service was second to non, they all made you feel welcome and we're very attentive, we were treated to a free shot of Italian lemon drink. To say would I go back there again. To be honest if I hadn't left for home today I would be eating there again tonight. This is on my list of places to visit again. Thank you very much to the manager, the waiters and waitress and the chef. A very memorable evening for us.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

My partner and I visited this restaurant 2 years ago and loved it. Went back this weekend and am happy to say it is still amazing.

Everyone and the atmosphere is friendly, The menu is good and not pricey. The food is lovely and also has different italian dishes on the menu so making it a bit more interesting.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

I have lived in the area all my life but I cant believe I have not been here before. What an amazing restaurant!!

We fell upon it by chance and we loved it. Amazing food and great service. Big choice and cooked to perfection. All the staff were really knowledgeable and the food was perfect. We had Whitebait and Bruschetta for starters and it was so tasty. They do smaller portions for children. Main course was 2 different pasta dishes and both were brilliant. Great for families.

If you are in Bournemouth you need to give it a try. We will be back.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

Excellent service. The food was cooked perfectly and full of flavour. Good range of beers and wines.