“Home made pasta - just as Mamma made it!”

Jano A Taste Of Sunshine
Ranked #6 of 108 Restaurants in Totnes
Price range: USD 6 - USD 64
Description: "Jano" is a Mediterranean delicatessen and restaurant focusing on Italian artisanal high quality fine foods. Jano embodies the true essence of Italy and all that is good about Italian culture, cuisine and life. We select the very best artisanal products that reflect the distinct flavours and culture of each region and ways of cooking that have been passed on for generations. All products sourced directly from local producers in Italy with real passion and love for what they do, and customers are able to discover what makes each regional cuisine so special and unique. Jano represents a moment of joy and a voyage into gastronomical excellence.
Reviewed 2 October 2016

Had a great evening meal in Jano (they're also open for lunch). The home made pasta is fantastic, and all of us had pasta dishes. The tiramisu was also gorgeous (big servings, so pleased we shared!). Also really good value for money and a really dinky, so great ambience. For that reason, I would recommend pre-booking.

janoatasteofsunshine, Owner at Jano A Taste Of Sunshine, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear THEBADDANIELS,

Thank you so much for your wonderful words. I'm so glad you liked our homemade pasta, it's a real labour of love making it fresh every morning, but you can really taste the difference.
Hope to see you again soon.
Grazie Mille!

Reviewed 26 September 2016

This place is special. The menu is small, quirky and very interesting. They bring high quality ingredients from Italy and do fabulous things with them. It's slightly elevated and you get a great view of the passers-by in the High Street. It was a bank before it was a restaurant so the glass in the windows is thick and keeps the place quiet.

They sell deli products as well. Amazing salami and cheeses among other things.

janoatasteofsunshine, Owner at Jano A Taste Of Sunshine, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Dear totnesbrian,

Thank you so much for your lovely words. We are very lucky in having such wonderful customers!
See you soon.
Grazie di cuore.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Very authentic restaurant which brings to the table (literally) an array of tastes from the Mediterranean.
If you like cold meats and home made pasta this place is definitely for you.
Lovely atmosphere, really relaxed and informal which was refreshing and added to the charm of the place.
Definitely worth a visit if your looking for something "different".
Will be looking to return!

janoatasteofsunshine, Owner at Jano A Taste Of Sunshine, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear aceaandboo30,

Thank you so much for having taken the time to write a review and thank you for your lovely comments. See you soon.
Grazie!

Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

This is my second visit and both times the food and friendly service has been excellent! The five of us shared the cheese, salamis and the vegetable platters (fantastic and full of wonderful flavours) served with exquisite homemade bread and delicious olive oil. Must mention the carrot chutney that goes with the cheese, again superb!
But my main meal was something else, I choose the Sea Bass (two of us did) I can honestly say my friend and I agreed that the fish dish was one of the best we had ever tried, Quite simply superb!
We finished the meal off with coffees some glasses of Mirto and Amaro..... The perfect end to a perfect meal!
Thank you and I will definitely be back again soon.

Dear Pop75ey,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. The pleasure was all ours. Really hope to see you again soon. The Mirto and Amaro are on their way.
Grazie di cuore!

Reviewed 21 September 2016

This really was an excellent lunch. My friend and I came on 21/09 out of pure chance as we were walking up the high street looking for somewhere to eat. We opted for the three course set menu at £13 and everything was fantastic, packed full of flavour. The atmosphere was like being in Italy. The decor is also very welcoming, it's like being inside somebody's house.

I don't normally eat out for Italian food as I normally cook it at home but I encourage you to try this. This is dining, not eating. In terms of value you don't get huge plates of food but the effort is really concentrated on providing rich flavours, and not just massive portions which is something I can really get on with.

I will definitely be back. My understanding is that there is evening service only on 3 days of the weeks so if you want to come for the evening it's best to check when they're open.

Dear Lewis,

I am so glad you enjoyed your lunch the other day and thank you for your wonderful review. Great comments. I hope you'll come again soon.
Grazie Mille!