“Rather nice Rumour”

Rumour
Ranked #13 of 103 Restaurants in Totnes
Price range: USD 6 - USD 23
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Ate here last night. Very nice atmosphere. Had halloumi fries and squid to start which were both great. My wife had fish and I had a steak. Fish was good but I have definitely had better steaks. Chunky chips and side veg were both very good. Sticky toffee pudding rounded it off which was delicious. My only real moan was £10.95 for a glass of wine. I pay less than that in London so I thought that was a bit much.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped here looking for a simple lunch. My wife’s cauliflower soup was definitely homemade. Thick and creamy served piping hot and came with option of normal or garlic bread.The burger I had to which I paid for the extra cheese and bacon was one of the best burgers I have ever had. It was accompanied by a properly dressed salad and some excellent properly cooked chips. I asked for mayonnaise as well and that was also home made.
And just to make things better there is proper cloudy cider and the orange juice that my wife had was freshly squeezed.
We would definitely return.

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Back in Devon for a holiday after moving away. Have been here with friends for breakfast and pizza (different occasions!). So when we found ourselves in Totnes it was an ideal place to bring my husband. Dogs and children welcome. Excellent menu for lunch and service is very friendly. Recommend booking.

1  Thank JayneBrem
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My partner, mum, nan and I are at Rumour on Easter Sunday for my birthday and the Sunday lunch was amazing. We couldn't compliment it enough - we had 3 different meats between us and we all thoroughly enjoyed them! The food was tasty and plentiful and we couldn't finish it all, as much as we wanted to. Proper Sunday roast but to a higher standard than we can achieve at home!
It really is value for money and as we were visiting the area, we all said we wishes we had Rumour on our doorstep as we'd go there at least one Sunday a month!
When we come back to the area, Rumour will be the first place we book, without doubt!
Thank you for a lovely meal on my birthday!

1  Thank Richard W
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We went with friends to Rumour and wow did we all enjoy the fabulous food. We started with delicious olives and the very excellent Halloumi again enjoyed by all despite our friend never liking Halloumi he loved this version. Onto our mains, the slow cooked rare beef was superb, the slow cooked lamb shoulder was melt in the mouth good as was the apricot and mint chutney, these together with the superb vegetables and Yorkshire pudding made for a delicious meal. This meant we had to share puddings, what better than sticky toffee pudding with ice cream, this version was light and we left feeling very happy with our lunch, thank you Rumour, we will be back again

1  Thank pammcnee1