“Birthday treat and what a treat. Will be back. ”

Number 7 Fish Bistro
Ranked #10 of 369 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: USD 17 - USD 38
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came on a Tuesday night and it was packed but the service all night was great. Such a huge choice of fish dishes. We both chose of the specials board and weren’t disappointed. My squid was melt in your mouth and the other half had crab which was lovely and fresh. He then had a whole sole for main and I had halibut in a butter sauce. Wow is all I can say. For dessert we both had cheese which was a perfect finish to the evening. We both had an amazing meal and would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. Thank you for a lovely evening guys. We will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Passed this restaurant on the way down to town and menu looked gorgeous. Passed on the way back to our hotel and popped in to see if they had a table. So lucky. Didn’t know anything about this place but the welcome and the staff were truly interested in everyone there. Oh and the food was to die for. Will most definitely be returning here when we go to Torquay next. Absolutely stunning service, people and Food.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited Torquay last week and had pre-booke a table. What a great find this restaurant was. On arrival we were greeted by the owner Paul who n[made us feel very welcome and we decided to have a drink in the wine bar above the restaurant; where we enjoyed a drink and the view into the bay and harbour.From that point the service was was excellent and the staff very helpful and non intrusive. The sea food restaurant its without a doubt the the best we have ever dined in. A nice touch was the knowledgeable waiter who brought a tray of the fish available to the table. For starters I had Mussels that were the most tender I have ever eaten Fir mains I had the large Turbot fillet. Again cooked to perfection and the most succulent i can recall ever eating. My wife had soup and for mains the brill both of which she kept telling me was the best she had ever eaten. There were fresh vegetables and again cooked well but I thought he portions could have been a little bigger . Although neither of us wanted a desert., There were extensive special boards on view but a bit difficult too take in and from my seat difficult to read. That is an observation and not a complaint., I have some limped movement and that was the reason I had difficulty in reading,. Throughout the staff were friendly and helpful . The voice of beers and wines i extensive and I would say caters for all tastes. I take the view that very often you get what you pay for and although not cheap but also not exorbitant prices. The setting is ideal and the food superb]b. Se are visiting again jun May and I booked a table prior to k,eaving the Restaurant that night ti ensure we could dine again as I think as the season gets busier obtaining a table will become more difficult so book in advance!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have lived in Torbay for ten years now and No7 has remained consistently excellent all these years and before. We have been to many good fish restaurants over the years but this is one of the best. The food is excellent and so is the service. I recommend the wine bar upstairs for pre dinner drinks. Super views over the bay and harbour. It is a lovely relaxed restaurant. Not quietly restrained like some. We like to go here for special occasions but I would be happy to go every week. It’s not cheap but it is good value. Paul, the owner is always there and standards of food and service have remained excellent. If you love fish this is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic meal and service. Wine bar above also well worth a visit. Sean really knows his stuff. 10 out 10!