“Standards.”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Standards.”
Reviewed 17 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

The complainants liked the property so much they wanted to extend a further week. We couldn't offer that as it was booked, so they were offered Riviera Apartment next door. On changeover day the Cleaning Company contacted me, something they have never done before, because there was a lot of rubbish and they felt The Mews had been left in an untidy disrespectful way. I inspected it and agreed. I spoke to the Complainants saying “I would appreciate it if they didn't leave The Apartment in the same condition". These are non smoking accommodations, yet the bedding on a single bed had a burn hole in it. There were empty cigarette lighters left around. Although we expect to clean after guests, with a typical changeover taking 4 hours, the cleaners should be respected and we do not expect the property to be returned in such a condition. I suggest if you are considering booking The Mews that you read the reviews on the Blue Chip Holidays Site.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jamie J
“AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.”
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We booked this property with BlueChip holidays, which we have used for many years, they provide a great service and some stunning property's, however the owner & staff of this property is extremely rude and reduced my Mother to tears.

Upon checking into the property we was greeted by a stunning view & what seemed to be a great property.

The property was clean but not to a good standard as there was thick level of dust in some parts of the home.

The property had faulty lights in the lower bedroom that sparked & cut out, the fridge did not work & the heating was random, Wi-Fi signal was very poor & cut off most times, although the owner left a comment in the guest book that if there was fault with the Wi-Fi then its most properly the laptop/device fault and no fault of their own. Most areas had auto lighting they randomly worked.

The sofa was not joined together properly causing a injury to my sister.

The lower bedroom single beds was "fold up beds" with cheep non comfortable mattresses.

No guide on how to use the spa bath, this had to be guess work.

The "SAFE" where you meant to store your high valuable items/money had the same code for every guest that checks into the property, this was a notice above the safe - meaning if some guests had keys cut for the property they could come into the property when not in use and steal your goods/cash.

There was work men back and fore, which we did not mind and made them hot drinks but other guests may not like this.

We did not stay in the property in the days but mainly used this home as a base.

Upon check out the cleaner rang the manger/owner to complain about how dirty we left the property, even thou we left the property spotless!

The owner spoke down to my mother and quoted "this is the most mess ever made by guests in ten years" we was shocked and asked what mess, to be told and shown TWO SWEET WRAPPERS UNDER THE SOFA!!!! I thought this was a joke, but no he was for real. We asked was there any other problem, the cleaner said "YES, you changed the bed sheets on one bed" to which I explained I change my bed sheets at least once a week, "DO YOU REALLY, WELL I HAVE NO MORE BEDDING HERE". Again, at shock on how rude the cleaner was. Maybe as a holiday let the owner should consider buying more then one set of bedding!!!!!

The owner moaned about moving the t.v, we moved the t.v back about 3inchs to make most of the view from the window!!!!

The way we was spoke to was disgusting and uncalled for.

Around a hour later a lady knocked our door, a property which we booked with the owner direct before all this fuss was caused, as we let the fact of lighting and cleanness over our heads as we was pleased with the views and general house. The lady asked for some spare bedding, we explained what happened to her, she seemed honestly shocked and took it all in and apologized for the way we was treated. A hour later the lady come back to explain the cleaner wound up the owner and the owner took it out on my mother. The owner sent me a text message saying "sorry" and that he had a bad day and he did not handle the matter in a correct manor. We told the lady that the cleaner should be sacked and she said the owner have now sacked the cleaner but he was still cleaning there!

The lady ask did we want to leave the new property, we said yes to be offered money off the new property was in and treat it as a good will from what had happened, but I felt this was not good enough and asked them to reconsider a better offer to which I was told to deal with BlueChip Holidays as the booking was made with them, which I have not done.

My mother has been upset since, and in tears that day.

I will never return here, and hope that anyone reading this do not book as the service and owner will ruin your stay.

I have taken photos and videos of all conversations to upload on all review sites as some people may not believe the way we was treated over two sweet wrappers!!!

Please be aware this no fault of BlueChip holidays but that of the owners, and we will carry on with BlueChip as we done for many years.

My advice to you is simple - BOOK ELSE WHERE!!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The View
Liked least: Rude Owner/Staff
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
12 Dec 2014
Many thanks for providing us with your feedback following your stay.

Riviera Mansion, The Mews is a property which we are very proud of and one which we have always received excellent reviews for. The property is inspected regularly by our in-house quality team and we can confirm that the standard of this apartment meets the requirements to achieve our five star platinum grading. We apologise that you do not feel that this was the case for your visit.

We expect all of our owners and property management companies to treat our guests with respect, and again, we apologise that you do not feel that this was the case in this instance. However, we have great confidence in the owner of this property and understand that there may be a difference of opinions on this matter. Our customer care team are looking into this matter for both yourself and the property owner, and if you wish to discuss this further, do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Best regards,

Blue Chip Holidays
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing