“Lovely restaurant for sunny evening by the sea”
Review of On the Rocks

On the Rocks
Ranked #30 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Six of us ate here last night as recommended by my in laws who live in Torquay. It did not disappoint. Great service and lovely food. Fish dishes were amazing. Particularly the Paella and monkfish dishes. Desserts were also lovely. This restaurant isn't cheap, but the food is worth it, and the atmosphere relaxed and casual. Will definitely return.
Has tables outside if you like it, or have a dog with you.

2  Thank JennyWhite68
Write a ReviewReviews (1,041)

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Called in for late lunch. Pleasant friendly efficient staff took and delivered our order promptly. Brisket and mustard sandwich very tasty, serve with matchstick fries and a dressed salad. Will come again.

2  Thank NC2181
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Great food, but did have to wait a long time before receiving order, 6 people where served starters and mains before we received our mains, when queried this I was told the steak had to rest but thought it was rather a long rest, seemed more like it must have had a mini break

2  Thank CarolMunday
Reviewed 9 June 2017

This place was recommended to us by our friends, and it was a great visit, one of many to come. Good service and great food. i had mussels with white wine and parsley and it was fantastic, good size portion and well worth £15. I've noticed that they are doing a special on a Wednesday night and you can have the same main for 13.95 and a glass of Prosecco so I'll have to come back and try it :-). Everything is nicely prepared and served with a smile. Good selection of wines and really nice dessert. Will come back again in the future for the lobster.

3  Thank BartekM24
Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

I sat outside on an overcast day. The waiter pointed out the outdoor heater for my use which was useful. Great service, view of the bay and choice of seafood. Prices are reasonable for the view alone. I had the fish and chips very nice. Background music just right.

3  Thank Mark D