See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I had a flood in my home when abroad and needed 4 Nights accommodation . Had known this place some years ago and was very nice respectable and family run.When I arrived the car park had 20 or so white vans at the front door some men smoking and drinking once in side the man at desk not helpful made me pay in advance I am disabled and use a stick The room was on the 3ed floor lift not working the room dirty and the loo rocked and wobbles furniture is cheap T.V. Not working The next morning the dining room cover with empty beer bottles and empty glasses from the night before. All on offer was tea or coffee and toast . The room was full of a lot of hung over workmen who then drove off in their white vans . I returned In the late afternoon and spoke to a pleasant women and said that I leave the next day and my I have a refund she said No.l did not sleep there that night and returned in the morning for my suitcase and car. When leaving I gave the key to man I assume one of the owners and said won't be coming back as the pace is a dump. Am holding my suitcase in one hand and my walking stick in the other the man hit me several times and when trying to get to my car he slapped my car keys out of my hand . The woman that I spoke the night before came out and told him to stop, all the time he was yelling that I would not have said that to him if he was white . The woman escorted off the site . I returned later for My car with my spare set of keys . These people should not be business

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank robin S
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Staff were friendly, bit pricey for the condition of hotel. Had to pay extra for a very basic breakfast despite this place having a full kitchen... Can't really dis this place but would probably stay elsewhere in the future

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Overall a nice stay, in areas the place needs a slight revamping. It was pleasant and the staff were very polite and helpful. There is a covered area outside where you can smoke. The rooms are out dated a little but acceptable for the prices and we were only there a night. The only downside is the downstairs drains need attention, A Cooked breakfast would of been nicer option too.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017

our room was exceptionally small,but with TV and tea making facilities,staff were friendly and helpful,the hotel itself is in need of a lot of TLC,room cleanliness needs improving,also this hotel is about 15/ 20 mins walk to the town center,would I visit again? for a cheap few days away,yes.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grinchpin B
Reviewed 1 August 2017

The best thing about this hotel was that it was on the seafront. Not too far from the busy part of town - this was useful because many places served good breakfasts and this hotel only served the very basics.

The room was ok, strange numbering system confused us when we were looking for it initially. Clean enough. No toiletries in the bathroom except for a tiny soap. Didn't sleep well as it is the noisiest place in terms of thin walls I have ever been in. Could hear other guests walking, using the lavatory, snoring...good grief.

Wasn't keen on the smoking area being right outside the door. The stench floated up to the rooms and we had to walk through it each time we went out.

As I said, good location but wouldn't want to spend a week here. Then agan, it was probably the cheapest hotel in Torquay, so fair's fair.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple