See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2017

We booked this hotel as there was a special deal of 3 nights for £85 so really shouldn't complain about anything. Firstly despite having a booking reference the reception could not find it. We had to leave and come back whilst they sorted it out. The room was on the top floor and the lift does not go all the way up to that floor so you have to carry your suitcase up the last flight of stairs. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and presentable. My only real issues were that heating was turned off during the day and that our sink would empty its contents so slowly that it left the residue of toothpaste,soap etc in the sink. I did point this out to the owner but nothing was done. There is quite a walk into the town centre which will be fine if the weather was dry but the view out of the hotel was lovely. All in all not sure I would stay here again as the vision of the sink and its residues makes my stomach turn.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017

I arrived later in evening under a torrential rain. The receptionist was very odd and a bit aloof. I was hungry and when looked from reception into restaurant i was told no food until breakfast and continental breakfast only is extra £4. Upon seeing my room i avoided breakfast. Extremely prison like room, very small and cold and worn. It did how ever have a en suite bathroom. Tv again was tiny and no wi-fi signal in my room, if i open my door i got a tiny bit of internet, door shut nothing. This was extremely annoying as i still had work to do online, that i could not do. Again receptionist no help at all and could not care less. The room next to me was empty and the window left open and the door was banging all night long, i had to get up at 2am and find some paper and stuff it in the crack of the door to shut it up. Was not impressed at all. In the morning i was very pleased to leave. Good points: Its cheap and would do for one night if desperate, its also close to seafront. Bad points: Room is like a detention centres. Weirdo receptionist that fobs off problems that he is aware of. Dont bother with breakfast there go subway is just up the road its better bang for buck. Put me off Torquay somewhat.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RichardTheRed
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Good location with a great sea view. Walk to Torquay was a little far for my son but for most not a long walk, there is very good public transport. We had a car and appreciated the off street parking. Clean, spacious room with comfortable beds, extra pillows in the wardrobe and also a kettle which was great after our drive to get there. Did get a bit of noise from people in the hallway but that not the hotels fault, just rude customers. Wifi didnt work in our room but for us not a major problem. Great value for money and would recommend the others and use again ourselves.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Beautiful view. On site parking. Good bus routes for getting to all the coastal areas.
On arriving in an unmanned lobby, two hand written signs for reception pointed to a locked door. We had a wander around for a few minutes to try and locate and alert staff to our arrival.
We resorted to ringing the hotel from our mobile phone to bring someone to the entrance.
We were then taken into the locked room, payment taken and given key and verbal directions to room. No other information was offered.
Luckily, our earlier wander had located the breakfast/dining room but we had to ask later about what was on offer and timings. Not a lot and one hour as it turned out.
The room was small but adequate. The radiator had no way of being regulated and we had to leave the window open as it got very hot. This let in traffic noise.
The kettle was full size and we had to use the plastic tooth mug to fill it with lukewarm water from the single push tap in the bathroom, as it wouldn't fit under tap to fill.
No sweeteners were provided, only sugar.
No toiletries were provided, save a mini soap wedgette that reminded me of the block my Mum used to scrub collars with. No provision was made for feminine hygiene.
On departure, the reception door was open and unlocked and we were able to hand back the key and leave.
We were not thanked, wished a safe journey, or asked if we had enjoyed our stay.
Just as well.
This is not one of the cheapest breaks we have been on so I was very disappointed at the lack of basic customer care.

Room Tip: Try to get sea facing ground floor as the lift regularly smells of cigarette smoke
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mezzie2016
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Arrived at 3.30 pm..to a very cold room..when asked about heating was told the heating was on a timer and wouldn't be on until 5.30....so we thought a shower might warm us..wrong..no hot water either. Room only cost £40.. but at least look after your patrons by providing heat and hot water..will definitely NOT be returning.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family