Bancourt Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
The Richwood(Torquay)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsgroup bookingcoach holidayfriendly hotelsecond to noneentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2012

i dont know how they can call them selfs an hotel? more like a hostel for down and outs.old bunk beds ha i thought they were having a joke when they showed me our room . then they asked for £100 deposites each which they never mentioned when booking . the staff were rude and what they called breakfast well wont go there 1 off or may be the worst hotels i have ever stayed in so i would well advise stay away ......

Room Tip: no good rooms from what we saw
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank henry s
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Bancourt recently with a group of people.
It was an organised weekend and I, my husband and our friends, enjoyed our stay. The hotel staff were both friendly and courteous, and although the rooms were in need of a spruce up, they were clean and warm.
I have stayed in much more luxurious Hotels in the past so am used to good service and found the Bancourt had this in abundance.
I had a thoroughly good time there and will certainly visit again next year!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Recently returned from a long weekend with a group of 70 people. The hotel is very shabby and extremely cold. Some of the group are older and felt the cold more and everyone's room was too cold for comfort. The manager did bring one room a plug in radiator but that was hardly enough. Hot water was also a problem. Most of the staff are pleasant and do a good job but the night porter has a huge problem with attitude. He is very threatening and rude. Bar prices are very expensive and you dont always get the double measure you pay for. The food is average but no more. The owners of the hotel could do with a lesson in good manners as they also are rude and confrontational if you attempt to complain. I would never stay there again and never reccommend it.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this shabby hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank lindawales
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family and I stayed at the Bancourt Hotel over the new year first time there. We would certainly stay again, had a fantastic time. The food was nice and the entertainment was very enjoyable through the day and evening. The staff went out of there way to be friendly and helpful.

We had a family room, separate bedroom with bunk beds which my 7 year old son thought was absolutely great. The price of the drinks in the bar are no more expensive than at my local pub back home in Leeds.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting an enjoyable holiday in Torquey.

We also found the owners Kim and Alan very welcoming and approachable. I was sat up a couple of nights with Alan one of the owners till the early hours chatting and sampling his collection of Malt Whiskeys.

The only regret we have about the Bancourt Hotel is that this was our first stay and I wish we had have spent more time there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2011

Stayed at the Bancourt twice in the last 3 years the last time being Oct 11.
The first time was with a coach holiday group, the 2nd with a re-union group.
Cannot grumble over too much I would be being petty. The food is much better than average and the staff are very good at their job,nothing is too much trouble.
The bedroom we had was on the back ground floor, plenty of floor space comfortable beds, with clean towels each day, kept clean and warm during our stay.
The entertainment was very good each evening and the bars are well stocked with plenty of choice. My only gripe is that the entrance to the desk could do with a make over and so to could the flooring in the gents down stairs.
It's a family run hotel and they try hard with the staff to give you a pleasant stay.
Nice big Garden at the back and a nice small swimming pool, all in all excellent value for money, would not hestate to use again.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends