“Not happy”

Ranked #85 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Not happy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel on sat 10th march,room was terrible with old bunk beds,the deposit you have to pay is to high,I have previously stayed in the grand hotel near the train station,yet I didn't have to pay a deposit,while at the bar I got talking to a large hen night group from Plymouth and they stated how they had to pay £1800 deposit in case of any damage,a lot of this group were over 40 so I wouldn't of expected this group to cause damage.As for the breakfast well one word(shocking)all pre-cooked as when I ordered my breakfast they were in and out of kitchen in under a minute,bacon was dry sausage was hard to cut not nice at all.avoid like a plague.

• Stayed March 2012
7 Thank lacosteUK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
plymouth
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

i dont know how they can call them selfs an hotel? more like a hostel for down and outs.old bunk beds ha i thought they were having a joke when they showed me our room . then they asked for £100 deposites each which they never mentioned when booking . the staff were rude and what they called breakfast well wont go there 1 off or may be the worst hotels i have ever stayed in so i would well advise stay away ......

Room Tip: no good rooms from what we saw
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank henry s

Travellers are raving about these Torquay hotels

Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Bancourt recently with a group of people.
It was an organised weekend and I, my husband and our friends, enjoyed our stay. The hotel staff were both friendly and courteous, and although the rooms were in need of a spruce up, they were clean and warm.
I have stayed in much more luxurious Hotels in the past so am used to good service and found the Bancourt had this in abundance.
I had a thoroughly good time there and will certainly visit again next year!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cardiff
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Recently returned from a long weekend with a group of 70 people. The hotel is very shabby and extremely cold. Some of the group are older and felt the cold more and everyone's room was too cold for comfort. The manager did bring one room a plug in radiator but that was hardly enough. Hot water was also a problem. Most of the staff are pleasant and do a good job but the night porter has a huge problem with attitude. He is very threatening and rude. Bar prices are very expensive and you dont always get the double measure you pay for. The food is average but no more. The owners of the hotel could do with a lesson in good manners as they also are rude and confrontational if you attempt to complain. I would never stay there again and never reccommend it.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in this shabby hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank lindawales
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

My family and I stayed at the Bancourt Hotel over the new year first time there. We would certainly stay again, had a fantastic time. The food was nice and the entertainment was very enjoyable through the day and evening. The staff went out of there way to be friendly and helpful.

We had a family room, separate bedroom with bunk beds which my 7 year old son thought was absolutely great. The price of the drinks in the bar are no more expensive than at my local pub back home in Leeds.

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone wanting an enjoyable holiday in Torquey.

We also found the owners Kim and Alan very welcoming and approachable. I was sat up a couple of nights with Alan one of the owners till the early hours chatting and sampling his collection of Malt Whiskeys.

The only regret we have about the Bancourt Hotel is that this was our first stay and I wish we had have spent more time there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family