“Lovely peaceful stay”

Crimdon Dene Guest House
Ranked #56 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The bacon wasn't quite crispy enough for my liking, the bed was a bit squeaky, and the shower could have had a bit of a stronger flow. That's it. I tried really hard to find fault, but these were the only faults I could come up with. The other 99 per cent was faultless. The room was spotless and warm - and I was given a free upgrade to a double. It was very quiet, and what with the comfortable bed, I slept really well. It was only a short walk from the beach, the town and the station. The price was excellent. But of course, what made it so nice was the lovely hosts and the wonderful breakfasts. Margaret was friendly (but not in your face) and very helpful, taking trouble to answer my queries. I didn't see much of John, but he seemed to be a sweetie. I wished I had more room at breakfast to do justice to the selection. As it was, I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh fruit starter (including melon, strawberries, raspberries and blueberries) and the delicious yogurts, and by the time I'd had my (hot) toast and marmalade, I could barely walk. I stayed at the Grand last year, but this was much much MUCH preferable. Margaret and John really know how to run a B & B!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank MadameMaigret

Reviewed 20 November 2011

Crimdon Dene was spotless, very comfortable, close to the beach and town centre. The proprietors Margaret and John were very friendly and helpful. A really good choice for breakfast and really can't fault the place. Would definitely stay there again!
Val Jones, Scarborough, N. Yorks.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I would recommend a visit to the Crimdon Dene any time.

Margaret and John are attentive without being intrusive.
My bedroom was comfy, spotless and had all I wanted for a short stay.
Situated near to the front and Tor Abbey, I felt completey at home and as a lone traveller safe. There is parking at the front and side.
Breakfast was delightful with plenty of choice, homemade yogurts and jams if you wanted them.
I will visit again soon.
Ann Parry Birmingham

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2011

We visited Torquay in August this year and decided to stay at the Crimdon Dene Hotel.
The hotel was lovely. The location was central to Torquay town, near the railway station, safe off road parking, quite at night and suitable for any age group.
The owners were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble.
A safe bet to stay here. :0)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rosemarie M
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights when attending an event in the South Hams. Having selected the hotel based on the glowing Tripadvisor reports I was, perhaps, ready to be let down but, happily this was not the case. Both of the proprietors were friendly and welcoming despite me arriving somewhat early and the room was clean and comfortable. Falkland Road is reasonably quiet, particularly at night, so the hotel was wonderfully peaceful. If I had a minor criticism it would be with the number of 'notices' posted in the bedroom warning against eating takeaway food, etc - perhaps a little unnecessary but no doubt put there as a result of previous experiences. Overall, great little hotel and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo