“Fantastic house, views, facilities. Perfect...”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of CLIFF LODGE

Swimming Pool
Hot tub
Games Room
Terrace
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Elizabeth...
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fantastic house, views, facilities. Perfect getaway for a girly weekend”
Reviewed 24 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

The moment I stepped into the house, I was blown away by the fantastic view of the sea. I rented it for a long weekend with friends and there was ample space for all of us. The kitchen was well equipped, the beds comfortable, the main suit had more amazing views, a lovely warm swimming pool and hot tub which was very popular, a games room with a bar, juke box and snooker table, dining room, two living rooms, lovely garden and quite frankly I didn't want to leave. Alison communicated very quickly when I contacted her by email. A problem with no hot water very quickly rectified. Lovely walk through the woods, intimate beach not far away and nice pub with a lovely Sunday roast down the road, the thatched tavern. Great location, fantastic property. Can't fault it and would definitely book it again in the future! Thank you

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub
Liked least: Cold water shower
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
25 Oct 2015
Thank you Elizabeth for such a lovely review ! I very much welcome you back in the future !!
Nightboat...
“A wonderful house with the most stunning of views.”
Reviewed 21 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

My parents rented this property for the whole family for a week in August to celebrate Dad's 70th Birthday. What a fantastic house.

The house is set over three floors on the hillside overlooking the bay and you just can't get fed up with waking every morning and looking out over the beautiful gardens down to the sea. We were very fortunate in that we picked a beautiful week weather wise. The scenery around the house and area is stunning.

The kids (both young and old) had great fun in the pool and snooker room. We had plenty of room both in and outside the house to chill either with each other or alone with a good book.

It is situated just a few minutes drive from Babbacombe and Torquay so we could find plenty of places to explore and eat. Highly recommend Hanbury's Fish and Chips for a proper fish & chip supper, and The Orestone Manor for a special treat.

If I could only live here forever....................

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
11 Feb 2016
Thank you so much for your review, sorry I am late replying I have only just found this area on my website page ! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at Cliff Lodge & yes I agree I find it very hard to leave, I'm just glad I can keep coming back..... Please contact me if you would ever like to re-book as returning guests get a extra discount.
Alison
Luke S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house, INCREDIBLE view and location, great pool and bar!”
Reviewed 5 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013
people found this review helpful

If you want to book a house for a group getaway that will impress your friends out of their socks, and at a price that's more than reasonable, book Cliff Lodge. We went in the last weekend in November for an early Christmas weekend and it was fantastic, tucked away on a country lane and overlooking a mind-blowing view. Lovely pool, great bar and games room, outdoor jacuzzi, bar on the doorstep ... superb!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing