2,829 results
All reviews compass bar hotel garage sea view train station agatha christie cream tea lounge bar public areas outdoor pool sunday lunch sea front leisure facilities some tlc bit dated waiting staff short break biscuits
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Had a four day break here the food was no better than any average three star hotel. They did not serve butter only low fat spread hardly appropriate for a soft boiled egg with buttered soldiers. They couldn't get the egg soft anyway. The mussel starter was undercooked which waitress apologised but no offer of another choice or to start again afresh. Room service deplorable no breakfast arrived first day, second day they sent wrong tray. No fresh milk for tea tray sent down but it did not arrive. Clock in room dated as too was the bedroom furniture. Two hundred pounds daily is much too costly for this establishment for a room with tiny balcony which was hard,y worth sitting on. The noise from the road is awful with ambulances continual sounding sirens, although this is not hotels faults, it must be considered if you truly want peace and quiet.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Peter W, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2016

Dear doccog,

I am most disappointed to read your comments following your stay with us.

I do feel I should comment that we do serve butter, and this is provided on all tables at both breakfast and dinner, with low fat spread available at the toasters should guests wish to have this as an option.

I have spoken to the restaurant team, and whilst we do regret you did not enjoy the mussels, on the first morning of your stay, the room number was not written on the order form, which meant we were unable to deliver, and I have no record of the problem on the second day, however I do apologise if this was the case.

I do thank you for taking the time to leave your comments however, and do hope you will consider returning again in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

We most definitely felt we had paid too much for the tiny double room that we were allocated.
It was in dire need of a refurb, was musty and had a very unique view...........a very close brick wall!
Location of property was great but so are many other hotels in Torquay in situated in great locations.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Had a fabulous weekend. The staff were outstanding. Everyone had a smile for you and a happy greeting. Room was really comfortable with a great view across the bay. Breakfast was fantastic and everyone looked as if they were enjoying themselves. Food was self service but loads of choices and very plentiful. All catered for.
Hotel was well worth the stay. I would recommend to anyone.
The hotel is quite close to railway transport and a short taxi ride to the town centre which was bustling.

Stayed: June 2016
1  Thank Sandy S
Peter W, General Manager at The Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear Sandy S,

Thank you for leaving your lovely review following your stay and especially your comments regarding the team.

We do take pride in the staff here, who always go above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service, and I am delighted to read that you found this to be the case.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

We recently spent the night at this lovely hotel for our anniversary. We were greeted by lovely staff who were very accommodating to our needs during our stay and even left a greeting card in our room to mark the special occasion, along with complimentary drinks vouchers.
Our room was very large and comfortable with an exceptional view of the seafront from the massive bay window.
Breakfast was self service with a large variety of choice available that was very well prepared.
It was a perfect stay and our only regret is not being able to have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear adelepace,

Thank you for leaving your review following your stay at The Grand.

I am pleased to note that you found your anniversary break to be an enjoyable, and the staff to be lovely.

I do hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We arrived at the venue late afternoon and we was greeted by Lauren the wedding coordinator. I have to say having met several people that day to find a wedding venue Lauren immediately stood out with her big smile and professional manner.

She sat us down and made sure we had a drink and offered a bite to eat (something nobody else has done that day). We then were walked through the whole day and were offered a complete service from Friday to Sunday for our wedding.

We were shown the rooms that would host our day and everything was explained clearly and thoroughly. On leaving we were presented with a lovely pack to go and read through.

I cannot recommend her service highly enough and we will be having our wedding at The Grand Hotel on the basis we have total confidence in what she will do for us.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear juliana245,

I am delighted to read that you have booked your wedding here at The Grand.

Lauren has certainly proved herself to be a valuable asset since joining the team and I am pleased to read that you received a warm welcome and a detailed meeting.

I look forward to meeting with you closer to the date!