“Excellent meal ”

Ranked #23 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here tonight , last minute decision and so glad we did , burgers were huge and chips delicious. My husband doubled his and he said it's the best burger he's ever eaten .
Service was great too didn't wait long for our meals .

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We visited here five years ago after reading great reviews and loved it. We decided that we were definitely going to give it a go again during our recent holiday. The only negative thing I have to say is that they no longer do the 16oz steak challenge, which my husband was all geared up for! The food was fantastic, and the staff were really friendly. They let our 10 year old son have a starter with a bowl of chips for his main meal. We will definitely be back on our next visit to Devon.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing ribeye steak can't fault this place great service quick and good value for money definitely will come again when visiting family

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

We've been to this restaurant a few times over the years. Went today (after looking forward to it) and was told that our 11 year old daughter could not order off the children's menu. When I said she doesn't eat a lot and that there's nothing on the main menu for her, we were told that the child's menu was for 10 and under! Absolutely disgusted that we were not allowed to buy a smaller meal off the child's menu. It's not as if we're expecting to purchase a full main meal at a reduced rate!! We promptly left and walked into Park Lane bar and grill who were extremely accommodating and offered us the child's menu for our youngest daughter. We all proceeded to order steak and can say it was much better value than Cotton Eyed Joes. So if you want a friendly (family) meal, go to Park Lane Torquay

1  Thank Yvonne L
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Not sure why I've never been here before as I only live a few hundred yards away. I suppose I thought it was just an American burger bar...which it isn't. We eat out in Torquay 2 or 3 times a week and over the past week we've had 2 appalling experiences, at other restaurants, of paying good money for what should have been excellent steak and been disappointed. So I decided to do a bit of research and discovered that Cotton Eyed Joe's is praised by most for it's steaks. So 4 of us went there on Tuesday. 2x Rib-eyes; 1x T-bone and a large burger. All with fries and various sauces. There are 2 things necessary for a good steak. 1. High quality meat and 2. A chef who knows how to cook it (steaks are easy to get wrong!). This place produced the finest steaks I've eaten in 10 years. Couldn't be beaten anywhere. You can park right outside and with a litre jug of cocktail & a beer the bill was £96. Worth every penny!