3,740 results
All reviews sea view per night car park large balcony sun loungers lovely hotel premium room overlooking torbay patio doors steam room outdoor pool an upgrade leisure facilities dining room public rooms lick of paint evening meal
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

After reading some of the mixed reviews about this hotel I was slightly concerned but I needn't have been. The hotel is in a lovely location and the decor is gorgeous. We had a double sea view room which had beautiful views across Torquay bay and harbour. The room was a very good size and plenty of wardrobe space too. Complimentary toiletries were of a good standard and the tea tray had everything we needed. We ordered room service breakfast which was delicious, we even ordered off the menu and this was no trouble at all! The staff are extremely polite and friendly and housekeeping done a lovely job of refreshing our room whilst we were out for the day. I highly recommend paying that little bit more for a sea view room with balcony, the views are well worth it and it was lovely sitting having a glass of wine watching the sun go down! Me and my boyfriend will definitely go back here at some point.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Becky P
Reviewed 1 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel and beautifully decorate but staff aren't the friendliest and there was a miscommunication with my booking and weren't helpful at all, tried to charge me 14.95 for the cup of tea I had at breakfast when breakfast was supposed to be included. However Matt who works on the bar was absolutely lovely and welcoming I would return just for him!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lillie G
Reviewed 1 June 2016

I recently stayed at the hotel on a great value package. Unfortunately due to a family bereavement my husband was unable to join me. The staff were so helpful and even arranged for afternoon tea for my friends to join me. This was taken on the terrace overlooking the sea,the food presentation and service all very good.
The room allocated was overlooking the sea and had amazing views.The room attendant called Neringer was excellent throughout the stay , the room was spotlessley cleaned and nothing was too much trouble for this lady who asked if there was anything else I needed ..
Other staff met throughout the stay were so friendly and attentive and in particular Sarah,Matt and Liam in the bar deserve a special mention.
I would thoroughly recommend the hotel as it is in such a great location and I am definitely returning in the future with my husband for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: Sea view on the 3rd floor for spectacular views
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The location of the hotel is fantastic, with some amazing views from the garden and by the pool side, it's also just a short walk down to the harbour/town. The waiting staff were also very attentive and helped us out quite a bit. The hotel is a bit of a maze and it took us a long time to find out how to get to the outdoor pool (fyi you actually have to leave the hotel and use a code to open a gate around the side). Unfortunately a few things went wrong during the weekend; for a start the rooms were boiling hot because the heating was still on despite it being 25 degrees outside and there wasn't anything they could do about it, just about all of our room keys wouldn't work at one time or another so kept having to go back to reception, and the people at reception were not very helpful and didn't seem to have a clue when you asked them questions. One other point did seem a bit odd and that was having to pay £7 a night for the car park when we'd already paid quite a bit for the room in the first place.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hayley B
Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

The only decent aspect of the Hotel is delux rooms with the view over looking the sea. Other than that, the cleaning service of the room is poor, rubbish left in the room after supposedly "cleaning it". Not many veg options for breakfast. The receptionist is very stuck up and not friendly at all. Not even a hello when we came to check in. Not worth the price. Bed is comfy. Good tv. Nice looking hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Layla O
Gwyn G, General Manager at The Imperial Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay and you feel it did not offer good value for money. I can see from your comments that our usual high housekeeping standards faltered on this particular occasion, please accept my apologies for the impact this would have had on your stay.

All feedback is extremely useful to us and we will share all comments with the team to ensure we continually make any improvements required.

Regards,