1,264 results
All reviews games room starlight lounge ten pin bowling aztec bistro entertainment team kb sounds alberts bar indoor bowls star hotel other hotels family hotel land train evening entertainment leisure facilities great facilities steam room swimming pool
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our week at the Derwent Hotel. The hotel continues to maintain very high standards, the rooms kept spotlessly clean and the hotel well run. The reception staff were very helpful as were the staff in the very spacious dining room. The food was excellent and we were looked after by Kamila who was very efficient and welcoming. We can't wait to return on a few weeks time to the Big Band Weekend!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
gbrueton, Manager at TLH Derwent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back later this month.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We booked 1 night here before heading to our destination in North Devon. I thought the price was a little too good to be true as it included breakfast and dinner for a family of 5.
The hotel itself is very tired and needs a lot of money spending on it. The carpets need replacing, if not replacing then a very good deep cleaning.
The outside pool wasn’t heated and was also in need of a very good clean. Thought we’d try the indoor pool to see if it was any better but again, filthy. Not sure why they ask you take your shoes off in the pool area as you walk away with dirtier feet than before you entered.
We had a family suite, plenty big enough but in need of updating. Very noisy at night with people walking up and down the halls talking/shouting pretty loudly.
I think the thing that concerned me and my husband the most was the fact that there was hand sanitiser at the entrance of the ‘restaurant’ (if that’s what you can call it) that they expected all diners to use before entering but also in the toilets too (says a lot to me)
1 positive note to leave, The kids loved the entertainment!!

1  Thank keshearman

Dear reviewer, Thank you for your review, I’m sorry that you stay wasn’t what you expected.

I’m firstly glad to hear you found us good value; I’m also pleased that you found your room of a suitable size. I’m sorry that you thought our outdoor & indoor pools were dirty; we strive to make sure that all of our facilities are kept clean and tidy; I have passed this onto our Aztec Manager.
We do have a team on duty each night to make sure, amongst other things that our guests have a relaxing night’s sleep; they can be called at anytime from the telephone in your room.
In terms of the sanitizers they are a precautionary measure and nothing more, these are located around the complex.
Again thank you for your review, I have passed on the lovely comments regarding our entertainment to the team here.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

Went for a 4 day break at The Derwent. It is amazing that the hotel will always accommodate whatever break you require. We had two great rooms with fab views. The housekeeping was spot on and the reception team super helpful. It was just lovely to be able to sit on the terrace and the new loungers were appreciated. The Aztec Bistro had some new faces and Charlie was a credit to the team The gift shop is always worth a look around and Blake is an asset to the company. Always cheerful, helpful and polite. The Med bar was not at its best with the team spending a lot of the time fooling around. The main restaurant was chaotic at times and is in need of a firm hand in terms of staffing. Having said that, Ewella was, as ever, just amazing. She is efficient, hard working, conscientious and always has time for a catch up chat with a beautiful smile. Again an asset to the team there. Not the same standards as usual, but hopefully it is just a blip.

Room Tip: Rear facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracey J
gbrueton, Manager at TLH Derwent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2018

Thank you for your review. I have passed on your kind words to the teams including Charlie, Blake & Ewelina. I have also spoken to Food & Beverage Manger regarding the Restaurant & the Med Bar. Again I want to thank you for your review and your lovely comments regarding our staff, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

It was good but not as good as our stay two years ago. Food excellent first two nights and then went slightly down hill. Healthier options definitely needed on the children's menu. Burgers, pizza, chicken nuggets every night not great for a 7 night stay. Children can order a small portion from the adult menu but the food on offer would probably be too rich for most children's taste bud. Staff work hard and you can see this. The mattress on the double bed is in desperate need of a replacement. You can feel the springs!!! House keeping need to invest in a dyson for the bedrooms. I got a bit fed up of pulling hair from my 1 year olds mouth. We had a good family holiday and that's the main thing. Would we stay again? I am not sure this time round.

1  Thank LaurenS3069

Thank you for your review. I have passed on your comments regarding the children’s offer to our Head Chef. The housekeeper checks the quality of our mattresses and replaces where needed but If you do decide to stay with us in the future please speak to someone on reception and we will be more than happy to assist. I have passed on your lovely comments regarding our staff. Again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Just got back home after spending
11Nights at the Derwent Hotel, we keep on going back each year
Because the people who work
There are really helpful and
great, the meals are great,
The amenities are great, and the
Rooms are alway spotlessly clean,
So come on everybody book up
You can’t go wrong.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Thank you Keith for your review, I have passed on your kind words to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind Regards.