“Lovely Restaurant off the Harbour”
Review of Amici

Amici
Ranked #26 of 372 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Come and join us at the newest Italian Restaurant in Torquay. Ideally located by the harbour. We offer great Italian food within a fantastic atmosphere
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We were looking for somewhere to eat on a Saturday night and came across this restaurant, although it was packed they managed to find us a table, very quick service, good choice menu, excellent food. Lovely atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,821)

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

After having lived in the area for over five years I finally got an excuse to visit with three friend for dinner recently. I started with the mushrooms in a creamy cheese sauce with was good. This came with three tiny, tiny slices of bread although in sure more bread would have arrived had I asked for more. The pizza on a nearby table looked so I opted for the Americana which was large. It was fine but not amazing. I have had far better. My friends had a variety of other dishes which were apparently good. We finished with coffee that was truly excellent! The owner Mauro came over towards the end of our meal which was a nice touch. A very pleasant fellow. The decor was stylish and the staff were very good, friendly and attentive. I'm more used to Italian restaurants in London where the menu is a little more extensive. For example I didn't spot veal on the menu? All in all a good meal. I will return.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is a very popular restaurant, we only used it once and have no real complaints but it is not nearly as authentic as Biancos over the road, this is very much an Italian themed restaurant though they would probably deny that.
Service is variable or was that evening with an instant greeting and then a long gap meaning I had to stop a waitress to get a drink, the atmoshere is not as nice as Biancos either brash modern bistro style a bit loud and no way intimate but many like this so what do I know.
The food was decent and the risotto my wife had was quite good, never an easy dish to get right, everything else was fine without ever exciting.
The wine list includes several by the glass but again is no match for across the road.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Been here a few times and is the best restaurant in Torbay by far. Food always excellent and such friendly staff makes the whole experience first class.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Was more than pleasantly surprised by the food, and probably the best house red I’ve had, I had the fresh crab bruschetta with salad to start with, very fresh light and tasty, then the salmon and prawn salad, absolute loved that, followed by profiteroles in a large glass covered in a light chocolate sauce and cream, I have to admit could not do that justice, ( but my husband could) .......On our next visit to Torquay it will be top of our list.... the staff lovely and not a shocking bill at the end of it.....highly recommended!!!......