All reviewssea frontfull englishfriendly staybiscuitsstayed for one nightlimited parkingon arrivalthe bank holiday weekenddecent sizeflights of stairsbooked this hotelbed was very comfortableshort strollrooms were very cleantrain stationlocation is greatlovely room
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We stayed here for a couple of days as one of us had an interview. The hosts were very friendly and couldn't do enough for us, including helping with arrangements for the interview, which was very helpful.
The room was clean, with plenty of tea, coffee etc and even biscuits and boiled sweets!
The breakfast was really lovely and you could tell that they used quality ingredients.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I booked the Atlantis because it had parking but was to find that there was only 2 very tight parking spaces for the entire building!Still,we got in and was greeted by Stephanie.She was very friendly and whatever the weather,whatever you want to do she's the hive of information.We was allowed to choose our room and they are all nice if alittle tired and need some TLC.Still very comfortable with plenty of tea,coffee and biscuits and as it's Torquay and warm there was a fan in the room.
The B&B is just minutes from the beach and shops and the breakfast very good.Just the basic cereals and full English but delicious and filling.I'd recommend this place for families,couples who want value and basics.Torquay itself is ideal for adults,more than young children.

Room Tip: Make sure you book early to get the parking spacee
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I have recently stayed at the Atlantis for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. I was greeted very warmly by the owners and shown to my large and airy room. The breakfast was well cooked and served with a smile by the lovely owner Steph. She was very helpful to everyone with advice on where to go and what to do. The price of £30 per night was very reasonable and I will certainly be staying there again.

Room Tip: May be quieter at back, traffic can be noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2011

The Atlantis was everthing we could have wished for, and more.
Very very clean. Kitchen appliances superb. Plug points galore throughout. Ceiling fans in all rooms (very welcome on hot nights). Wi-fi. Iphone/ipod docks in every room. Wall tv's (thin - new) in every room. Immediate maintenance response (owners live on sight).
The owners have gone the extra mile. We will return.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I'm a bit late in reviewing this guesthouse, as my friends and I stayed last summer, but as I use this site a lot I thought it was only fair to give this place the excellent review it deserves. We were made to feel so welcome, the lady was lovely and spent a while chatting to us and helping us plan what we were going to do in Torquay. Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was quite warm with only a small window, but apart from that it was clean and comfortable (with lots of biscuits!). Across the road from a small shop. The only downside was that parking was difficult but we found a space nearby. Breakfast was relaxed and tasty and you can have as much or as little as you want. For what we paid this guesthouse is excellent value and I would highly recommend it, based on the superb service from the kind and hard working hostess.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends