All reviews sea front full english friendly stay biscuits stayed for one night limited parking on arrival the bank holiday weekend decent size flights of stairs booked this hotel bed was very comfortable short stroll rooms were very clean train station location is great lovely room
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I'm a bit late in reviewing this guesthouse, as my friends and I stayed last summer, but as I use this site a lot I thought it was only fair to give this place the excellent review it deserves. We were made to feel so welcome, the lady was lovely and spent a while chatting to us and helping us plan what we were going to do in Torquay. Nothing was too much trouble. Our room was quite warm with only a small window, but apart from that it was clean and comfortable (with lots of biscuits!). Across the road from a small shop. The only downside was that parking was difficult but we found a space nearby. Breakfast was relaxed and tasty and you can have as much or as little as you want. For what we paid this guesthouse is excellent value and I would highly recommend it, based on the superb service from the kind and hard working hostess.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank JJ1_10
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed for two nights here & had a luxury room. The bed was super king size and was done out very nice. The only bad thing about the room was the heat; it was so warm causing us to not have a great sleep. The bed was very comfortable.
The breakfast was great, so much food... Steph was excellent. Don't let the look at the dining room put you off.
The parking is a bit of a issue as there are only two spaces allocated & you can only parked in the side streets up to two hours in the day time.
Torquay is a great area for exploring & getting about. The hotel is ideally placed just a 10 min walk to the shops, beach & harbour.
We have a very good stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2010

The rooms were very clean, and the beds made every day. Steph and simon (owners) were very welcoming, and the breakfast was excellent.
The location is great just a 5 min walk down to the sandy beach, and a 15min walk to the harbour / town.
Great stay -

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2010

We (my husband, me and my father) stayed here during a business trip in February and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this B&B. The couple who own it are friendly and helpful, and the rooms are large and clean.

The breakfast was good and on the second day, we asked for bacon sandwiches instead of a full breakfast and this was arranged with no problems.

The area it's located in is close to the main attractions, and there's a great Indian restaurant (The Bombay Express) on the same road. There is a pub opposite which serve food but it's a bit rough and ready and the food was rubbish, but it's okay for a quick pint. Legends is great for a steak dinner, but avoid Amigos all you can eat Mexican buffet at all costs as it's a rip off and the food is cheap and nasty.

All in all, a good B&B, and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BabyBolly
Reviewed 10 March 2010

we stayed at atlantis on 6th march 2010 for my 40th birthday ,a all girl party . we were made to feel very welcome , simon was very friendly and told us the best pubs and clubs to go too, help us with taxis. the rooms was very clean and comfortable, breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. thanks to simon for a lovely stay and his lovely family , sorry didnt meet his wife as she was away but met his lovely children.

• Stayed: March 2010