“Customer for 35 years”

Price range: USD 4 - USD 10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

What a great place for a snack and a coffee. Excellent food freshly cooked to order.
Have been coming here for over 35 years since it was a shack behind the fish market. Never let me down, first place I head to in Plymouth for food. Full of history and nostalgia for me with some great memories having brought so many of my friends and family here over the years. Great place well worth a visit.

1  Thank Nick F

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went there last week had a cheese burger with onions best I've had for a long time and not over priced

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Something's changed, and I'm not quite sure what. It's definitely not the same Cap'n Jaspers that I've been frequenting and enjoying, on and off, for about 40 years. The welcome and service lacked its usual, unique warmth and sparkle. The food (a Whitehouse Wonder), whilst tasty and filling, lacked the usual flavour, the burger being particularly bland. The biggest surprise was the lack of any substantive queue at a busy time on a Bank Holiday, a worrying portent of what was to come? I hope I am wrong, and that this is a one-off; Cap'n Jaspers is a Plymouth legend and it has earned a wonderful reputation over many years - please, please don't let it slip?

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

After going to Cap’n Jaspers a lot when I was a kid I always had decent memories of the food there, whilst out on the Barbican this March my boyfriend and his friends all decided to try different burgers with great sucess! The food was great! Reminded us of home style barbecue burgers with an amazing quality and combinations! Amazing place to eat in the sun, only downside was the burger buns were pretty big and nearly couldn’t finish it! Apart from that was a great burger!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

First place to go when visiting Plymouth. Great tea, open air, the best burgers, dog friendly, friendly staff and customers.