“Great restaurant in the Barbican area”

The Village Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 764 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: USD 0 - USD 51
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 December 2017

The owners of the Invicta Hotel recommended this small restaurant in the Barbican for dinner and it was wonderful. I went back the second night I was there since I enjoyed it so much. It is owned by a Greek man and he and the staff could not be friendlier - always important to me as a solo traveler. Seafood is their specialty and over the two dinners I had fantastic mussels, dover sole, and fish and shrimp thermidor . A great indication of the kind of place it is was the first night when I arrived I immediately realized I had left my wallet back at the hotel. I explained to the owner and offered to go back and get it. He knew I was trustworthy I guess because the hotel had made my reservation so he said don't worry, just call me with the number when you get back to the hotel! Anyway - great restaurant in Plymouth.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 3 December 2017

Booked a table last minute they fitted us in lovely owners excellent food and great atmosphere we are from cornwall visiting sister and will be back in new year.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

They managed to squeeze us in as we had not booked. The place was buzzing as full. The staff were Amazing, friendly, attentive and genuine, felt like a family business. The food was fantastic I had prawns to start then fillet steak as did my husband and our daughter all cooked to our choice. Huge portions and the best chips we have had for a long time proper fried chips! Very reasonably priced. Just a wonderful evening we will be back thanks guys.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

This small restaurant has a nice relaxed feel to it. The cooking is competent and actually exceeded expectations.The fish was fresh and nicely presented. Not trying to impress but doing what the do with some attention to detail.I like that. And the reasonable prices. Recommended

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Very busy on Saturday night but sat down and served promptly with great service. It is a small restaurant but this promotes a good atmosphere inside. Food was great - Dover Sole, Calamari, and Mousaka were had - and I would recommend.