“Lovely meal ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

After finding the bridge closed & enduring the 25 minute detour to get to the restaurant, we weren’t disappointed by yet another lovely meal! I had the Gunard (chargrilled) which was recommended by both waiters and it was absolutely gorgeous!! Really like how welcome they make children feel & their kids fun packs are the best we’ve ever received in an eating establishment! I can imagine that the bridge being closed will have massively impacted the restaurant but it’s well worth the extra walk!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Heard that this place served the best fish & chips and I definitely did not leave disappointed! Firstly, decor and ambience of the place was gorgeous. Staff were very friendly and were passionate and keen in introducing to us the fish they had to offer. After our food arrived, they also repeatedly came to check with us whether we wanted to refill the chips (in a way that was non-intrusive or bothering!)
My haddock was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. It was really delicious and I finished all of it (which was rather rare for me). The calamari was different from what I had before and I loved the Singapore chilli. Finally something garlicky like home! My only complain would be that the chips were a little too thick for my liking but that’s just a difference in preference.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Lucy went out of her way to make us happy with brilliant fresh grilled gurnard and calamari steak with Greek and Calamari salads. Nice decor, great staff and good atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the food very much. We've had local fish gurnard and squid with lovely Greek and Ceasar salads. Lucy the waitress was very attentive, genuine and very friendly. Nice experience

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A very good fish and chips and gluten free so added bonus good view very helpful waitresses so all good

Been to Rockfish? Share your experiences!