“Large party”

Ranked #74 of 802 Restaurants in Plymouth
Price range: USD 16 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our bistrot is housed within Royal William Yard, considered to be one of the most important groups of historic military buildings in Britain. It was built by the Royal Navy between 1825 and 1835 and provided the Navy, at home and sea, with food and drink. Bistrot Pierre’s ‘raison d’être’ is great value French cooking and seasonal menus. We like to combine French bistrot classics such as steak-frites, boeuf bourguignon and tarte au citron with our own take on regional favourites like tarte flambée, Bouillabaisse and paté de campagne. Our relaxed and friendly bistrot is the place to go for any occasion. Open seven days a week serving lunch and dinner and breakfast at weekend we have something for everyone, from the two-course prix-fixe lunch for £10.95 and a two-course pre-theatre menu for £14.95 to the sumptuous a la carte menu, and for those with little time we now also offer a one-course lunch menu for just £9.50. Wander through our distinctive French wine list too, with over 20 French wines sold by the glass you will discover something exquisite to drink with your meal. For something a little special we also host a range of events at the bistrot. Join us on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month for our Soireé Gastronomique, a six-course set menu with hearty provincial cooking. This is outstanding value priced at £22.95 per person. In addition, we also offer a special Dine with Wine evening where each course comes with a glass of specially chosen wine. This takes place on the first and third Wednesday of every month, so join us for a delicious two or three course set dinner menu for £22.95/£27.95 per person. We want to make sure there is something for everyone on our menus, whatever your dietary requirements. That’s why you’ll find plenty of delicious gluten-free dishes as well as a child-friendly menu on offer to help make your experience in our restaurant as easy and enjoyable as possible. If you love what we do and are looking for the perfect present, give the gift of French dining and order our gift vouchers online.
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

A party of us, 28 people in total, arrived last Saturday, for a retairment lunch. Service was excellent, food cooked perfectly and without any delay. Pierres, is my favourite place to eat. Always a nice feel to the place, very warm and welcoming atmosphere.

Manager L, Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Good morning,

Thank you for your lovely comments! I am pleased to hear that although it was a large party, this did not affect the service you received. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff and kitchen team.

Kind regards,
Francesca
Duty manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,019)

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Ended up here yesterday for lunch. Pleasant sunny July day. Secured a table outside by the Green with our backs to the screen showing prelimary round of Wimbledon. Driven inside by the loud incessant cracking of three well lubricated thirty something boorish school teachers exchanging horror redundancy anecdotes. Moved inside the bar only to discover that two or three main bar menu choices temporarily unavailable. Not mentioned when we had been handed the menus. Moved again, into the main Restaurant. Very pleasant except that one meal arrived without the other or any explanation. The fish cake had been overlooked by the server or the kitchen so one of us had to eat alone, the other afterwards. We did get an apology when the second meal arrived but a word earlier or some belated coordination would have been better.

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you were not told about the out of stock items on the bar menu, I have spoken to the team on the importance of letting customers know when they are first given the menu. With regards to the delay in one meal, this should not have happened and this has also been passed onto the team to ensure that this does not happen again.

Warm regards,
Francesca
Duty manager

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Booked on a Monday for 4 ,rocked up on Wednesday as 5 ! No problem! Good honest food , great menu , delay with the mains but did not upset the occasion .Happy staff, happy eaters and good night had by all

Manager L, General Manager at Bistrot Pierre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Good Morning,

What a review! I am delighted to hear that we were able to squeeze that extra person in and we were able to provide you all with good honest food, minus the small delay. I hope this was dealt with at the time and that we will see you again soon.

Warm Reguards,

Emily

Reviewed 29 June 2017

I booked a table for 2 rather late on a Friday evening for my wife's birthday with very little expectation of actually getting a table. To my surprise not only were they accommodating but thoroughly helpful. The attention to detail on one of their busiest nights of the week was sensational. The waitress, despite being rushed off her feet, took time to talk to us about wine and about the food, even when dealing with a horrible customer being rude to her she was calm and polite and did her best. The food was sublime. I have lived all over the world and have eaten in some amazing places, but Bistro Pierre produce some exquisite traditional French cuisine. It made my wife's birthday a memorable one. Thank you ever so much. I would highly recommend.

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I will be sure to share it with the whole team. I am delighted to hear that we played a big role in making your wife's birthday, 1 to remember.
We always are and always have bee a really busy restaurant, we all strive on the busy buzz. It makes me so proud that the staff are taking all of their training on board and are able to share that knowledge with the customers, almost making the service feel quite personable.
It's an honour to hear that someone like yourself who travels the world and has eaten a wide variety of traditional food, would rate us as an "exquisite traditional French cuisine" as this is what we really strive to provide to our customers.

Thanks again for your lovely feedback and we hope to see you soon!

Emily Bentley

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We go here because one of our group likes it.

It's okay but nothing special.

Food was okay, they gave us one small veg between 4.

Drinks are expensive. £7.25 for large glass of wine.

They were collecting plates over the baby's head which was worrying.

Staff seem nonplussed.

Good Morning,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback about your visit to our restaurant. I am extremely sorry that you did not enjoy the experience, as I would never want anyone to leave of restaurant unsatisfied with the food, wine or service. I will look into the details mentioned above, especially the vegetable portion, because our vegetable portions are normally very generous. If you do dine with us again and feel the vegetable portion is not enough, please don't hesitate to ask for more veg, as you will not get charged for this. We do also have a very large selection of wines, some of which are at a lower cost than £7.25, our Cuvee 94 wine is spectacular, pricing @ £5.95 for a large glass.
I am shocked that my waiting staff have cleared a table over a babies head, this is extremely dangerous and for this I am so sorry! I will be sending out an e-mail today to discuss this matter, as we would never want to see this happen again.

Thanks again for your feedback, as all feedback helps us grow.

Warm regards,