“Disappointed ”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived on a sunny afternoon with my 2 friends and 2 well behaved dogs to be told by the Landlord no dogs. Landlord said "everyone in Oreston has a dog so we don't have any in here". We asked if we could sit in beer garden? Landlord said "beer garden closed". Oh right... is there anywhere we can go? Oh yes says the Landlord pointing us to a small square outside for smokers. Lol... we left. Won't be going back. Shame... lots of locals walking their dogs in the sunshine and 2 customers at the bar! Landlord clearly doesn't need the custom.

3  Thank nurseyjouk

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Took my sister in for her birthday day out as we were from the village and she had never been inside the pub. Was some lovely photographs up of the village of many years ago from before the green was filled in. We did not eat but had a lovely drink and a look around. Staff were very friendly and the place was spotless.

1  Thank Christine649
Reviewed 12 February 2018

Excellent Sunday Lunch. Myself and 4 friends ate in the Kings Arms today. 4 of the group had Sunday Roast and all agreed meal was delicious! Excellent food beautifully cooked and presented. All plates were empty in record time and we could all recommend food in the Kings Arms Oreston any day! Ray requested an all day breakfast and thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent landlady very friendly and welcoming. Excellent chef. And two very efficient friendly young waitresses served us. We all agreed we will all return to Kings Arms very soon to eat and plan to go very often to eat our way through the excellent menu! We could be going to the Kings Arms often for a very long time! And very easy on the purse! Great value for money! Should also say fabulous puddings too!

1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Friendly atmosphere good service.Spacious well decorated pub with good views of oreston quay.Good choice of pub food very reasonable.We had the chilli and liver and mash which my husband loved.Food was cooked well and served hot can’t stand warm food.Would definitely go back to try some other dishes.

1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 28 January 2018

First visit since 2015 as we tend to visit the bridge, but as we are local we thought we would walk to the kings arms. I ordered liver and bacon on mash with red wine Jus and was horribly disappointed with the dish turning up, not only without bacon (which was advised at the till but not great) but also that the red on my mash was in fact blood running out of my liver. I left near on the whole dish as this is a well know no no when cooking liver as it can remain pink inside but no blood should be present on serving. Nothing on the dish description does it state it's served bleeding nor are you advised on ordering to ask for it to be "well done" in the words of the barmaid who questioned my decision to not eat the dish. If this was not upsetting enough, the owner then casually told me that this is how liver is served and I should next time as for "well done" which I have never in any food establishment been required to do. I was not offered a refund but a drink which was a fourth of the meal cost.
Reasons why liver must not run with blood but can be pink inside still is the following "livers can be contaminated with Campylobacter on both the inside tissues and the outer surfaces"
I was ill following my visit and will not return

1  Thank emma1979431