“Lovely Place To Stay”

Ranked #24 of 78 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place To Stay”
Reviewed 3 March 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Westwinds Tues - Fri of this week. Last stayed here in Dec 2011. The service is fantastic, the breakfast is hearty and tastey & made to order. The rooms are always clean and fresh. Phil and Family run a tight ship here and is well worth the stay. 5 min walk to the Hoe. End of the road has a welcoming pub called the Yardarms. Just a few min walk to the town centre. About a 5 min walk to the Barbican. You just can't go wrong by staying here. Oscar and Molly (resident Spaniels) are a delight. The best part of my stay is that I feel like I am at home here. I will stay there every chance I get and would highly recommend people try it for themselves. I can't say enough good things about WestWinds, Phil and Family.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cheryl S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Towcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We were looking for somewhere to stay where our dog would be welcomed. We didn't need to go any further than the Westwinds. We were met at the door by the very amical owner, Phil. He showed us to our lovely room and our dog was made to feel at home by a quick visit from the lovely Oscar and Molly (resident Spinger Spaniels).

We had a lovely breakfast in the morning, very ably cooked and served by Phil. After breakfast, I found myself catching up on emails by using my laptop in the small, but very comfortable, sitting area next to the breakfast room. More often than not I was assisted by Oscar with his chin on my foot to keep me company.

The location of the Westwinds was perfect for walks on the beautiful Hoe, which was less than 5 minutes away, and not that far from the Barbican. Plymouth is very much a walking place, so the Westwinds was a perfect base for exploring.

We had a lovely dinner, just down the road at the busy Yard Arm, which was quite a revelation, and accomodated our dog without a problem.

Thank you to Phil and his family for a lovely stay. We look forward to returning one day soon.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ChinoHills-MK
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Hotel near the plymouth hoe but walking distance to city center. Small rooms but very clean with friendly hosts. English breakfast very tasty.

• Stayed September 2011
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Rupert my dog had an excellent stay at Westwinds. We were greeted by Oscar and Mollie (the springers) as we came in which was nice. The place was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. I would love to come and stay here again - great value for money!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Cheshire
Reviewed 28 June 2010

If you are looking for great service and value in a great location in Plymouth, this is the place. Really enjoyable place to stay and the hosts were spot on. Our dog also loved it. The Seagulls were a nightmare in the morning as they were so noisy but I think that is beyond the proprietors control..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family