All reviews the penthouse holiday inn the marco pierre white restaurant top floor executive room overflow car park larger car chocolate bar super king bed tiny bathroom sauna and steam room good size per day walk in shower large room city centre fantastic location
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Crowne Plaza is a very well located hotel for central Plymouth. Clean and modern hotel, and our room on the 9th floor had a good view over the city.
On arrival the staff were all very professional and car parking was straight forward.
We were allocated room 902, which was conveniently located next to the lift.
We were in and out of the room all afternoon, so didn’t notice the noise of the lift, but when it came to lights out..... wow, the noise was relentless. The sound and vibration from the lift made sleeping almost impossible! As you can imagine, it would not have been practical to ask to be moved at 0100, but by 0300 I was seriously considering this.
At checkout I mentioned this to the duty manager (really friendly chap), who said they shut that lift down at night. This was either not true, or the noise was coming from the other adjacent lifts.
The hotel was great, but avoid 902 unless you are hard of hearing, or don’t like sleeping. A real shame as this spoilt our fleeting visit to Plymouth.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
operations763, Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Superkersh

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Plymouth. It is important that our guests provide feedback on their time with us, highlighting areas in which we excel and those which require attention, allowing us to review and refine our services to ultimately exceed expectations at all times.

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights, please accept my apologies for the noise in your room, the duty manger was correct we do close the lift next to 902 from 9pm to 7am.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to our wonderful city.

joe.carter@cpplymouth.valoreurope.com

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here with my son for my sons Passing Out Parade from HMS Raleigh. Which was made even more special staying here. The staff where all so helpful and friendly. Exceptional sea view whilst having a very substantial breakfast with lots of choice. We had dinner in the Marco Pierre White restaurant. Fantastic !!. Perfect for walking to the Barbican and town centre. Would definitely recommend to all those families looking for a great location and an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michelle G,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including the choice at Breakfast, Dinner in Marco's and our very helpful service team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed for three nights in the 4* Crowne Plaza (board only) and I must admit, it was welcome luxury compared to one of those popular budget hotels, one of which we stayed in for 5 nights previously.

The room we stayed in was so big I thought I'd need to book a taxi to take me from the bed to the bathroom, the bed was like a parade ground and the furniture was certainly like being home from home.

The staff were brilliant, particularly the girls behind the bar, who were not only very efficient but fun with it.

If you have booked already but have not left yet, remember to pack your swimming gear, as a lovely pool awaits along with a gym that should suit the needs of many of you.

This hotel is literally a stones throw from the Hoe and when I say that I mean it, none of this Spanish stones throw nonsense here.

A tip, a walk to the Barbican is very pleasant indeed and if you do so from the Hoe, is a nice 20 mins or so. Now if you'd prefer to get there quicker, then turn right from the hotel main doors, walk down to Tesco then turn right and within 5 minutes you'll be at the Barbican.

I certainly hope to be using this hotel again and I recommend you consider its too.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
operations763, Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear P_Convey,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including the size of the room, high quality swimming pool and our very helpful bar team. I note your comments for improvement and we will take these on board when reviewing our offering moving forward.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting friends. Everything ran smoothly and we luckily got in our room early as travelled from Manchester that morning. Staff friendly and attentive. We stayed in an executive room on 10th floor and they were spacious, clean and modern. Breakfast was at the top floor and the views were spectacular. With having the executive room, we had complimentary soft drinks and snacks in the club lounge as well as alcoholic beverages between half 5 and half 7. It's just a short walk to the town and to the barbican etc so would say it's location was brilliant. Car park is around £7 per day. We would definitely stay here again and already planning to come back.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Christine M,

I am delighted to read you found your time with us to be so pleasant with many highlights including the size of the room, high quality breakfast and our very helpful team. I note your comments for improvement and we will take these on board when reviewing our offering moving forward.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

I had a nice big room (although no hotels seem to provide drawers for clothing these days, just a wardrobe). Good choice of high quality breakfast, and it is served in the penthouse restaurant with good views. Staff were very helpful when I had to change my date of departure. The bar is expensive as I suppose you would expect, and it has no real ale except for some bottles, all of which are kept in the fridge which is not what I want as a real ale drinker.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with friends
operations763, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Plymouth, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Michael G,